What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Straight Outta Compton

Biopic about N.W.A and it's members that's been generating a lot hype in America. Fun movie with solid acting, especially from Ice Cube's son who portrays his father and is the spitting image of him. A few minor plot holes here and there, and it was pretty fucking tame tbh, considering what they were all about. I really wish they'd have just made it an 18 rated film and shown what their childhoods and growing up in Compton around that time was really like. Would've been a much better movie for it.

7/10

Ex Machina

I kept on hearing great things about this movie to the point in which I felt people were over hyping the film.

The its self is really good and in certain aspects, quite creepy.

Overall a solid 8/10, a bonis point for the dance scene which had me for some reason almost rolling around the ground in laughter.

Ex Machina

I kept on hearing great things about this movie to the point in which I felt people were over hyping the film.

The its self is really good and in certain aspects, quite creepy.

Overall a solid 8/10, a bonis point for the dance scene which had me for some reason almost rolling around the ground in laughter.

The dance scene is fucking superb...

Trainwreck

Didn't really enjoy this. Too long, far too many uncomfortable unfunny moments and I couldn't have cared less about Amy Schumer's character. The best bits were John Cena and LeBron James. A few funny moments but pretty poor overall.

5/10

Fruitvale Station - A film based on the events in the build up to and shortly after the murder of Oscar Grant by a BART police officer. It had some pretty solid reviews on line so decided to check it out. Was a decent film, not too long either and covers the story fairly well. It is a bit slow though. 6.5/10.

Straight Outta Compton - Agree with what others have said above about this film, I was pretty impressed with it. 8/10

Straight outta Compton 8.5/10

I'll agree with everyone else, I thought Ice Cubes son was the standout performer.

"What's your name, Brian? Get the f**k out ma house?" :lol:

Thought Jason Mitchell as Easy E was the standout, but Ice Cube's son was very good, and he's just basically an Ice Cube clone anyways, which helps. But aye, 8/10 I'd say is a fair score for a really good movie.

Went to see Paper Towns last week as well, which was okay I guess. The ending was a bit weird, given the ride that they put on for us to get there, and the acting was fairly suspect from the leads, but it was an enjoyable enough 6/10 movie for the most part.

No Good Deed - 5/10. Pretty forgettable, Idris Elba does well when he is shown to be struggling to contain his violent urges but other than that doesnt seem too imposing throughout. More creepy than threatening. As usual his American accent is seriously wonky.

Pride - 7/10

Very enjoyable film. Tells the story of the LGSM, (Lesbians & Gays Support Miners), during the 1980's miners strike. As a snapshot in time in is quite shocking to see the prejudice and ignorance of the time.

This film has a great cast who are all on top form to deliver some big laughs as well as some poignant moments.

Monster Squad 7/10

I watched this loads of times in the 80s and re-watched it for the first time in a long time on Saturday. I loved it, (again). Great tongue-in-cheek script and cheesy dialogue. Some questionable clichés and terrific 80s styling. Brilliant.

'my name...is Horrace!'

Sexy Beast 7/10

p.s. this very short review contains a spoiler

Enjoyable enough. It's all about the dynamic between wins-tone & kingsley so kinda falls on it's arse after he dies. Was unsure whether to go 6 or 7, 6 seems a tad harsh. I'll say 7 since the first half is pretty damn good.