What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Mission To Lars.

Documentary by relatively well known journalist Kate Spicer and her filmmaker brother about their quest to arrange a meeting between their disabled brother and his hero Lars Ulrich.

The docu deals heavily with the siblings guilt for not understanding their brothers Fragile X syndrome and for mostly not trying hard enough with him. In trying to do something special for their brother they inadvertently cause him further distress at first and the whole journey seems merely a project to make them feel less guilty. The ending however is positive and very touching.

6/10

Lars Ulrich is somebody's hero? :huh:

Are the reasons for this explained?

Fantastic four - 6/10. Didn't think was too bad. Second one I think will be really good. I did read that the producer wasn't happy that the majority of the film got cut back

I think (I might be wrong) that the original plan was to have a crossover film with the X-Men next but since all the criticism and controversy that has been binned.

Probably more than just the one I'd imagine.

Aye, I suppose even John Major's bound to be somebody's hero.

The guy is mentally handicapped so maybe something in that.

That'll teach me for not looking up Fragile X Syndrome.

Wait, didn't they open the Download Festival in 2005? :huh:

Fantastic four - 6/10. Didn't think was too bad. Second one I think will be really good. I did read that the producer wasn't happy that the majority of the film got cut back

Was listening to Robbie Collins (worth checking out - very good Scottish/London based film critic) the other day. He started his review "Fantastic Four. Or as I call it, Four.."

Was listening to Robbie Collins (worth checking out - very good Scottish/London based film critic) the other day. He started his review "Fantastic Four. Or as I call it, Four.."

I like him but can't help but feel slightly disappointed when I see he's reviewing for 5 Live as opposed to Mark Kermode.

The Gift

Utterly horrific ending aside, this was tremendous.

8/10

I really enjoyed this too, I'd give it a 9/10 actually. Without spoiling anything, Jason Bateman is always tremendous in that sort of role and there were a few great wee touches with the cinematography.

I like him but can't help but feel slightly disappointed when I see he's reviewing for 5 Live as opposed to Mark Kermode.

I've had a couple of emails read out by Mayo and had Kermode disagreeing (I think it was about Filth). The other was about Scooby Doo.

I've gone the opposite way on the stand-ins - I prefer Collins & Bowman to the real thing.

Spirited Away - 7/10

This was a bit of a letdown for me, the animation is obviously brilliant but the story didn't really grab me. I much preferred Grave of the Fireflies. Felt the same about My Neighbor Totoro as well (7/10).

He didn't seem to enamoured with Killer Joe or THAT chicken drumstick scene in particular.

Between that and Gina Gershon, now I have two reasons to watch Killer Joe.

Man From UNCLE.

Enjoyed this. An entertaining piece of fluff, absolutely no substance to it but I didn't really expect much. Guy Ritchie has his usual style and lots of interesting camera angles and sequences that kept me interested. Would never watch it again and it is instantly forgettable but a decent watch.

6/10