What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

7 minutes ago, ah-dee said:

im planning on seeing this at some point during the week. the missus is away to Tenerife so will go see it on my own. she thinks thats weird going to the cinema alone but its the perfect way to watch a film without constant questions.

"whos that?"

"whys he doing that?"

arsehole she is!

eta - or my favourite

"is he away to die?"

"i dont fucking know im watching at the same time as you!" emoji35.pngemoji35.png

I saw it on my own. Missus and son #2 went to see Goosebumps 2.

Halloween 8/10.  Can only echo what’s been said.  Nice touches to the original and I bet I’m not the only one who noticed the kids Michael bumped into were wearing the silver shroud costumes from the shitty part 3.

The minute Michael  killed his first victim I knew this was going to be different from what I was expecting.  A few minor points I didn’t like but no films perfect.

I note that Eye in the Sky is to be aired on Film4 this coming week.
Normally when you see Helen Mirren and Alan Rickman on the cast list you would assume it has to be good, well, it isn't.
They must have needed to pay for a house renovation or something at the time when they were presented with the script.
i had this set to record. think ill give it a swerve after this review.

has anyone seen the film "pet" ? seen its on tonight and sounds decent

Bohemian Rhapsody 8/10

Really enjoyed it, music was superb, the Live Aid build up and performance were the highlight for me. 

I think i was the only one in the cinema that picked up the line by Mike Myers character about headbanging and got a few looks when i started pishing myself :)

First Man (Cineworld, Edinburgh)

LaLaLand, Bladerunner 2049, First Man. Decent couple of years for Gosling! Some 60s/70s period films can be a bit wig/tache heavy but they did a great job here making it feel authentic. No big surprises. Gosling looks moody a lot as he contemplates the death of friends and family. Folk go to the moon. Some obvious nods to 2001 (the classical music as the craft float about in space) and lots of emphasis on just how rickety the spaceships were and a bit of Gil Scott Heron poetry thrown in for balance ("I can't pay my doctor bill, but whitey on the moon").

Decent effort 8/10 

deepwater horizon 5/10

really dissapointed by this as im a sucker for a true story. watched the full film but was never engrossed at any time. quite like wahlberg as an actor but just didnt connect with him at all until the end. wont say what bit as cant use spoilers on the app and dont want to ruin it.

john malkovich is a fantastic actor but there was absolutely no need for him to be in this movie. any run of the mill actor could have satisfied that role.

shame as i was really looking forward to it

The Spy Who Dumped Me
Pish. Even Mila Kunis can't save it, and I really don't get the hype over Kate McKinnon - everything I've seen her in, she's annoyed the f**k out of me.
my mate was banging on about that lassie McKinnon but i think shes a munter. obviously i would but shes not bonnie!

14 hours ago, Trackdaybob said:

Layer Cake.

Fourth or fifth time. 

Decent way to pass the evening. 

7/10.

Always see it as a bit of a relative to Lock Stock and Snatch. For its low budget it looks decent and has a more stripped back film-noir feel than the guy Ritchie efforts and doesn't go full-on laddish like those football hooligan films. Daniel Craig is not far removed in this from how he plays James Bond and looks better here, less beefed up. Doesn't have the quotable lines of Snatch or the nastiness of something like The Long Good Friday but it's a very decent British crime flick. 

Layer Cake.
Fourth or fifth time. 
Decent way to pass the evening. 
7/10.
i recorded and watched layer cake last week with the missus and i didnt think it was nearly as good as i remembered. still a 6/10 but i had rated it so much higher before. craig was the best thing in the film and im sure it was this performance that got him the bond gig.

BlacKkKlansman

Brilliant. Very cleverly done showing the parallels between the period setting and the modern day. Washington and Driver are superb, and Topher Grace is hilariously smug as David Duke. The portrayal of the Klan members (and especially the wife) are brilliant too.