What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Had a busy week, bleeding my unlimited card dry.

Venom

Hardy is great as Brock for a start, particularly as the rest of the cast are so one dimensionally average. In all though, I enjoyed it. Tone was a wee bit off as I felt it veered into full blown comedy a lot but some of the symbiote's patter did have me laughing so can't complain. Clearly not at the same level as the MCU in so many ways but a solid effort and hopefully not the last we see of Venom. He's too good a character to not end up in a decent spiderman film

Johnny English Strikes Back

The original was one of my favourite films when I was younger. Loved quoting it and acting out some of the scenes. The ABBA in the bathroom scene remains a classic.

Onto to the new one - it's exactly what you'd expect. Predictable gags, questionable plot and shite villain but a thoroughly entertaining 90 minutes. I am a big fan of films like this that don't take themselves too seriously. Got plenty of laughs out of me and really enjoyed it. Can't wait for the fourth one in another 7 years or so. Also, the film absolutely reeked of brexit which is represented by English teargassing a group of French cyclists

"Dead Man Walking" (Netflix) - about a death row prisoner (Sean Penn) who forms a bond with Nun (Susan Sarandon). It's not exactly fun... but it is very good indeed, and the two leads are great (think Sarandon won an Oscar). It's highly recommended, though not one to watch if you're after a quick laugh. 

5 hours ago, Shandon Par said:

Bradley Cooper is one of those folk I would love to punch over and over. A Star is Born sounds great though. Would love to be won over but can just see myself stewing in the cinema wanting to spark him out. 

Why is that? I think he’s a pretty great actor tbh.

Saw it last night. Very good, 9/10.

Edited by Honest_Man#1

18 hours ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

Why is that? I think he’s a pretty great actor tbh.

Saw it last night. Very good, 9/10.

He just gets on my nerves. I didn't mind War Dogs too much. Maybe it's David O. Russell's films that grate rather than Cooper as I really hated Silver Linings Playbook and had to switch off American Hustle. 

I don't mind Cooper. He's been good in anything I've seen him in but never Oscar worthy. How he got a nomination for American Sniper ahead of Jake Gyllenhaal in Nightcrawler still baffles me.

I thought Silver Linings Playbook was a whole lot of nothing. Utter shite but it seems to be well thought of.

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

I don't mind Cooper. He's been good in anything I've seen him in but never Oscar worthy. How he got a nomination for American Sniper ahead of Jake Gyllenhaal in Nightcrawler still baffles me.

I thought Silver Linings Playbook was a whole lot of nothing. Utter shite but it seems to be well thought of.

I thought Nightcrawler was hipster pish. I sometimes don’t mind those type of films (enjoyed Drive for example) but thought Nightcrawler was really disappointing. Far too desperate to be arty.

25 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I thought Nightcrawler was hipster pish. I sometimes don’t mind those type of films (enjoyed Drive for example) but thought Nightcrawler was really disappointing. Far too desperate to be arty.

Drive is far more pretentious than Nightcrawler.