What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Terence Hill & Bud Spencer are a thing of joy, Currently watching Watch out we're mad,The Dune Buggy Song is the finest guilty pleasure ever.

When I was a Kid in Kilmarnock, the ABC always seemed to be showing one of their films at least once a month. I loved them,but haven't seen one in years. May have to search a couple out..

ETA: a quick look on imdb.com throws up dozens of titles - spoilt for choice here!

Guest Moomintroll
When I was a Kid in Kilmarnock, the ABC always seemed to be showing one of their films at least once a month. I loved them,but haven't seen one in years. May have to search a couple out..ETA: a quick look on imdb.com throws up dozens of titles - spoilt for choice here!
Never realised there were that many.

On 11/03/2020 at 21:49, jimmy boo said:

Journeyman.

Outstanding film from Considine who is a very much underated actor and film maker. Good to see him in The Outsider recently too.

9/10.

There's dark,  and then there's black, and then there's utterly bleak. 

Journeyman goes to a level even lower than  bleak. 

What an amazing film. Acting of the highest order from everyone.  Writing and directing of the highest order from Paddy Considine.

(there might have been something in my eye, wasn't crying through it, honest)

Guest Moomintroll
With no sport today, I've watched Lethal Weapon.
Brilliant fun film, although I had forgotten about the 7 hour long fight scene in the dark at the end.
On to Diplomatic Immunity now.
Enjoy Patsy.

True History Of The Kelly Gang

Utterly bizzare film at times about the infamous Australian fugitive Ned Kelly.(Which is mostly not true). Great performances from the young and adult Kelly (Played by George MacKay from 1917) and his formative years were the best early part of the film for me. Some of it was great and some was utter naff but couldn't stop watching so i'd say 7/10.

Edited by jimmy boo

I wonder what'll happen when the cinemas shut in the likes of here and the US. Will everything just get delayed or will they take advantage of everyone being stuck inside and just release the majority of things as home releases, either on streaming platforms or to rent or buy through Amazon's streaming?

4 minutes ago, accies1874 said:

I wonder what'll happen when the cinemas shut in the likes of here and the US. Will everything just get delayed or will they take advantage of everyone being stuck inside and just release the majority of things as home releases, either on streaming platforms or to rent or buy through Amazon's streaming?

The big risk of home releases is illegal downloads become available instantly, but I'd happily pay for a lot of stuff.

True History Of The Kelly Gang
Utterly bizzare film at times about the infamous Australian fugitive Ned Kelly.(Which is mostly not true). Great performances from the young and adult Kelly (Played by George MacKay from 1917) and his formative years were the best early part of the film for me. Some of it was great and some was utter naff but couldn't stop watching so i'd say 7/10.
Watched this last weekend. Like you, some parts I enjoyed but others I found silly and over the top.

7 hours ago, Mark Connolly said:

With no sport today, I've watched Lethal Weapon.

Brilliant fun film, although I had forgotten about the 7 hour long fight scene in the dark at the end.

On to Diplomatic Immunity now.

Ha, with no sport today .  .  . 

Christ, this could run for a while. Films aren't going to compensate. 

10 hours ago, oldbitterandgrumpy said:

Ha, with no sport today .  .  . 

Christ, this could run for a while. Films aren't going to compensate. 

Reckon that won't be true for me. And when films are done, onto box sets of the shit ton of TV shows I haven't seen. I'm confident I can do this.

Watched Jack Reacher - Never go Back  last night . After reading the books  I Still can't see Tom Cruise as the main character , but it passes the time . The original Star Wars trilogy this afternoon/ evening it's a pity he had to meddle with them by adding unnecessary stuff to certain scenes, still a good watch though