What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

6 hours ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

Just after watching this. Agree 100%, really good film and good acting. emoji1305.png

After being irritated and distracted  by your flashing/strobe avatar for quite a while I actually set aside a few seconds to watch it through  .  .  .  is there therapy incoming?

Parasite

Eventually got round to seeing this and very pleased that it more than lived up to all the hype. Can't really say much about what makes it good without giving it away, but it's darkly hilarious in places, gripping, shocking and just an amazing film. It won't be out much longer and deserves to be viewed in a cinema so go see it. Best I've seen in ages.

10/10

1 hour ago, paul-r-cfc said:

Parasite

Eventually got round to seeing this and very pleased that it more than lived up to all the hype. Can't really say much about what makes it good without giving it away, but it's darkly hilarious in places, gripping, shocking and just an amazing film. It won't be out much longer and deserves to be viewed in a cinema so go see it. Best I've seen in ages.

10/10

I went with my 17 yo a couple of weeks ago and loved pretty-much everything about it - with special mention to Mrs Park.

My wee yin reckoned it was, "Too long, too dark and too foreign" which disappointed me greatly.

5 minutes ago, YER SISTERS YER MAW said:

Escape From Pretoria

Once you get past some of the dodgy South African accents, this is actually a really good prison breakout film based off of true events. Starring Daniel Radcliffe in the lead role.

7.5/10 Half a point off for the accents.

Filmed Adelaide, South Australia. Daniel Radclffe was in December Boys also filmed here.

Escape From Pretoria

Once you get past some of the dodgy South African accents, this is actually a really good prison breakout film based off of true events. Starring Daniel Radcliffe in the lead role.

7.5/10 Half a point off for the accents.
Spotted this yesterday and thought it'd be worth a watch.

Went to see Onward this morning.

It was OK, but I'm not sure how much I liked it. Chris Pratt was clearly back channelling his inner Andy Dwyer though, which was fun.

As ever with Pixar, there was a delightful short before it...

It was a Simpsons short focusing on Maggie, with no actual dialogue, and it was very nice

Went to see Onward this morning.
It was OK, but I'm not sure how much I liked it. Chris Pratt was clearly back channelling his inner Andy Dwyer though, which was fun.
As ever with Pixar, there was a delightful short before it...

It was a Simpsons short focusing on Maggie, with no actual dialogue, and it was very nice

Agree with this. The film itself was pretty dull and forgettable, but the short was excellent.

3 hours ago, GrahamJags said:

Agree with this. The film itself was pretty dull and forgettable, but the short was excellent.

Yeah, there was nothing wrong with it as such, but it just wasn’t that great. One of the issues was probably that you expect so much more from Pixar

Guest Moomintroll

Terence Hill & Bud Spencer are a thing of joy, Currently watching Watch out we're mad,The Dune Buggy Song is the finest guilty pleasure ever.

Guest Moomintroll

Terence Hill & Bud Spencer are a thing of joy, Currently watching Watch out We're Mad,The Dune Buggy Song is the finest guilty pleasure ever.

Parasite

Not much to add. Excellent. Terrific performances all round - if there was an Oscar for "ensemble cast" this would have walked it too. Can't quite put my finger on why it didn't quite hit my 10/10 button - maybe the last 20 mins or so felt a bit shoehorned in but that's just nitpicking. Think it's coming out now in black and white too. 9/10

Force Majeure

I actually preferred this to Parasite. Like Parasite the cast are all fantastic and it's thought provoking too. Looks great. Funny. It got good reviews when it came out but I never expected it to be as good as it is. A "perfect" family and some friends are on a skiing trip when something happens to make them look at the dad in a different way. 9.5/10 

Think there's an American remake of it out just now but after watching the original it's hard to see how a remake could be anything other than inferior.