What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Perhaps the best film I have seen this year. Certainly one of the best anyway.

Saw the Kingdom the other night. Typical Pro America/FBI/Anti East style. Basically Black Hawk Down without the choppers really. I do wonder if Bush suggests these kinds of films to try and get more public backing for the WoT...

Regardless, it was decent enough despite it's pretty linear storyline and the fact that Jamie Foxx really cannot act. A pretty standard 5/10.

Went to see that on Saturday. Chris Cooper and Jason Bateman are always good value. I was hoping the embassy guy was involved somehow to make it a little bit less pro-American.....

6/10

I don't like Will Ferrell at all, but that was by far my favourite of his movies, funnily enough. I'd actually give it an 8.

i am the same but all my mates who are about 17/18 love him along with all his movies but i have only found one or two really funny.

Days Of Glory - 8/10

Subtitled World War 2 film about a group of Algerian men who sign up for the French Army to fight the Nazis. They also have to endure racial discrimination which they face from the white flag waving, surrendering war monkeys that they are fighting for.

Wonderful film, beautifully shot, superbly acted and directed and recommended to anyone. A very poignant watch which might not have the action of other WWII films like Saving Private Ryan but should still be entertaining enough for even the most macho of men.

Perhaps the best film I have seen this year. Certainly one of the best anyway.

Saw the Kingdom the other night. Typical Pro America/FBI/Anti East style. Basically Black Hawk Down without the choppers really. I do wonder if Bush suggests these kinds of films to try and get more public backing for the WoT...

Regardless, it was decent enough despite it's pretty linear storyline and the fact that Jamie Foxx really cannot act. A pretty standard 5/10.

Aye, I liked it too, except for Di Caprio's on/off South African/Zimbabwein accent, it wasn't that bad though.

Yeah I saw the Kingdom last Friday, pretty average, but watchable

Edited by Mr. Brightside

Finally got round to watching 28 Weeks Later tonight. I can't say I was disappointed, I was expecting it to be pish to be honest.

Contrived from start to finish with needless CGI helicopters, explosions and shit and obviously done as some sort of parody of the Green Zone in Baghdad, where loads of trouble started as well.

I loved 28 Days Later as well.

Where did the Government and Royal Family go in between the two films. Surely they didn't get RAGE, they don't go near the public? :blink:

Finally got round to watching 28 Weeks Later tonight. I can't say I was disappointed, I was expecting it to be pish to be honest.

Contrived from start to finish with needless CGI helicopters, explosions and shit and obviously done as some sort of parody of the Green Zone in Baghdad, where loads of trouble started as well.

I loved 28 Days Later as well.

Where did the Government and Royal Family go in between the two films. Surely they didn't get RAGE, they don't go near the public? :blink:

They were evacuated.

It's the way it stands out. It's pathetic and just not needed.

Can you imagine the remakes of classic movies using CGI?

I mean, would CGI improve the scene where Michael Corleone killed Captain McCluskey and Sollozzo in The Godfather?

That would actually be quite a good new thread actually, how CGI would affect classic movies. I can't be arsed though.

Control - Just in from seeing the film and I was very impressed.

Anyone whose ever read the NME will be familiar with Anton Corbijn's occasionally stunning photography and here he uses monochrome to superb effect, making Macclesfield look every part of the grimy Northern England mill town it is. It's a bit like a modern day take on the "kitchen sink" dramas of the 60s.

Sam Riley gives an excellent performance as Curtis and the other members of the band are also superb as they played all the music themselves rather than mime to a backing track. This was interesting as what you get is almost like a tribute act playing alternative versions of the songs we are familiar with. Tony Kebble provides several moments of real laugh-out-loud humour in playing their manager, Rob Gretton.

Some minor criticisms are that the film focuses so much on Curtis that the other members of the band, Gretton and Tony Wilson are almost like bit players and I really didn't see the point of playing The Killers doing a cover version of Shadowplay over the end credits.

Fans will love it I'm sure and even non-fans should enjoy it. 8/10

Saw that tonight and thought it was brilliant. Not previously a fan of Joy Division, but thoroughly enjoyed the film, and the soundtrack.

9/10 for me.

Aye, I liked it to, except for Di Caprio's on/off South African/Zimbabwein accent, it wasnt that bad though.

I was laughing when I first heard him talk with that accent but it soon settled and I didn't think it was too bad in the end. Djimon Hounsou was just as good as well. I really like him as an actor. Thought he was superb in Gladiator.

I think I am going to watch it again tonight. I'm beginning to think it is the best film I have seen this year. Zodiac and The Good Shepherd are probably the other ones that come close to it.

You can get it in HMV for £7 I think.

Long Time Dead (2002)

6/10 Joe Absolom in a Universal Studios horror. A bit odd, especially considering that a Djinn grants wishes in Wishmaster, but in this he just everybody who summons him!

Watched ED TV,

Funny at times, but not great. 6/10.

(watched due to trying to find a film in which Matthew Mcconohy (or however it is spelt) is a b*****d in it. I thought falling in love and stealing your brothers girlfriend would seal it, but nope. Does anyone know a film that he is an evil b*****d without a doubt?)

Watched ED TV,

Funny at times, but not great. 6/10.

(watched due to trying to find a film in which Matthew Mcconohy (or however it is spelt) is a b*****d in it. I thought falling in love and stealing your brothers girlfriend would seal it, but nope. Does anyone know a film that he is an evil b*****d without a doubt?)

He plays a murderer who rapes people in The Return of the Texas Chainsaw Massacre.

That good enough for you?