What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Vertigo ( 1958 )

A tad bit too long, but almost perfect and engrossing stuff here. Watching James Stewart go mental towards the end is tense stuff, but his descent into madness is hilariously bad when it comes to that daft arse imagery. You can forgive that, because the majority is simple but effective.

9/10

my favourite christmas film 10/10

*awaits SaltyTON to criticise my movie enjoyments as always*

Nah, it was good Christmas movie, just found that it was about too reliant on basically the one joke all the way through.

Are there any decent Christmas films coming out this year?

There's nothing much Christmassy except Christmas Carol this year.

I guess Alvin and the Chipmunks 2 will be kinda Christmassy, but that's about it.

I guess Alvin and the Chipmunks 2 will be kinda Christmassy, but that's about it.

Fiddlesticks.

I was hoping for some pish like "The Holiday" or something of that ilk that me and the missus could go and see.

Edited by Mr. Brightside

I thought the first Chipmunks film was fun, maybe the second will be too...

Die Hard 2 ( 1990 )

More festive fun from this sequel which while it doesn't match the first movie, it's still absolutely loads of fun. The ending is a bit grating though, with it's "everyone learns a little something in the end" style. This really keeps going at a break neck pace when the action gets going and doesn't come up for air once. Some great comic relief all over the place whether it be in the airport in the form of McClane himself, or in the sky from his wife and the annoying c**t of a man on there with her. Lots of explosions and gunfire and stuff to chew on.

8/10

Might as well post this here. Anyone know if 'The Hangover' is any good? Asked santa for this comedy, looks superb.

Also, anyone recommend a good hijack or prison film? Seen the usual plane hijacks like Air Force One, passenger 57 etc but many more good one's out there? How about gid prison films bar the usual Escape from Alcatraz and Shawshank Redemption.

Constantine - 3/10. It wasn't quite awful cause I watched it til the end. Mind numbing nonsence though watching a guy fighting demons.

Man of Earth - I got a bit bored by this one too. A guy claiming to all his teacher friends that he was a 14,000 year old man - and Jesus. All set in the same room as well. 4/10.

I also watched a film and the name escapes me. Bacially it was about lots of ghost Nazi's killing some people in a bunker trying to salvage a machine the Nazi's invented during the war to make their soldiers invincible. 2/10

Poor day for movies for me yesterday.

Might as well post this here. Anyone know if 'The Hangover' is any good? Asked santa for this comedy, looks superb.

Also, anyone recommend a good hijack or prison film? Seen the usual plane hijacks like Air Force One, passenger 57 etc but many more good one's out there? How about gid prison films bar the usual Escape from Alcatraz and Shawshank Redemption.

The Hangover is hilarious. I don't know anyone who has seen it who didn't enjoy it.

As for prison films, i really enjoyed The Animal Factory and i recently bought Scum.

Both are worth a watch anyway. :)

Just remembered An Innocent Man. A bit cheesy, but decent enough action to pass the time.

Edited by Gall09

Its a solid 6/7 out of 10. Few good laughs and a few predictable moments. Im sure you will enjoy it.

How about combine your two selections, kill 2 birds with one stone and go for ConAir?

I watched the Hangover at the weekend aswell and it was brilliant.

Some of the stuff in it is top notch.