What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

I watched Donnie Darko for the first time last night. It's really rather good. I can't wait to see it again.

I also watched Aqua Teen Hunger Force Colon Movie Film For Theatres which was hilarious.

Was that the one released a few years ago? Remember watching it while drunk at my mates, still didnt help lol

Almost forgot how good that was.

Cheers Smurph, might well look it out tonight, don't think the missus has seen it. :)

Donnie Darko or ATHF? Regardless, both you and your wife should watch it.

Was that the one released a few years ago? Remember watching it while drunk at my mates, still didnt help lol 

I watched it high and didn't really know what was going on at all but I loved every second of it. Shake is the coolest milkshake about.

I just watched the theatrical version of American Gangster and it was fucking incredible.

Is the extended version worth watching? It says an extra 18 minutes and an alternative ending. I won't watch it straight away but I'll probably give it a bash soon enough.

Donnie Darko or ATHF? Regardless, both you and your wife should watch it.

I watched it high and didn't really know what was going on at all but I loved every second of it. Shake is the coolest milkshake about.

"Lets all go to the lobby "...

I just watched the theatrical version of American Gangster and it was fucking incredible.

Is the extended version worth watching? It says an extra 18 minutes and an alternative ending. I won't watch it straight away but I'll probably give it a bash soon enough.

I tend to think that Ridley Scott's "director's cut" versions are better than the theatrical cut version, so yeah get it watched.

I went to see Thor 2 : The Dark World today

I would go as far as saying it's the most enjoyable of the Avenger films so far. Much more action than the previous Thor, and a bit more serious although there was still some comedy which helped the pace of the film. I enjoyed it, and it passed the afternoon whilst my house is being decorated.

8/10 for me, would recommend, it's not going to win awards but it will entertain and pass a few hours.

Taken 1 was god awful enough. Im still unsure why anyone actually sits and enjoys that turgid pish. I enjoy a daft action film like Commando but Taken is just horrendous.

We Are Legion. Documentary about Anonymous. Didn't tell me too much i didn't know already but interviews with some of the key players were quite enlightening. As a bunch are a bit too leftie and self important for my liking but some of the interviewees were quite likeable. 7/10

Beasts of the Southern Wild (2012)

About the disaster of Hurricaine Katrina in 2005, shot with amatuer actors who had all been effected by the storm but with no real acting experience. Was really quite good and it gave an insight into what they had to do in order to survive. Was more of a fantasy than a disaster movie but deserves all the credit it got.

8/10

Hunger (IMDb)

Had a search on this forum and a few people watched this when it was released and then shown on Film4. It is a bit like Drive in the way that it is put together, very little dialogue, lots of tense, tension building scenes and a fair few harrowing shots thrown into the mix. Probably a film that due to its political focus will may divide opinions (in certain parts of the country) but I thought it was a superb film. The fact that there is very little dialogue and that it manages to keep you fixed to the screen shows that a film can have an impact and not be filled with constant talking and stuff happening all the time.

I really need to see Steve McQueen's other films, 'Shame' and his new one '12 Years a Slave' (which is meant to be brutal but amazing)

8/10

Bad Grandpa.

Feels forced, few laugh out loud moments but it's your typical Knoxville affair really. It's pretty poor as a film.

4/10.

I really wanted to see this after seeing the trailer but saw that it's a 12A and kinda lost interest, I usually find most of the stuff in Jackass funny as well. Might try and catch it next week before it leaves the cinema.

Are you the guy that didn't realise machete kills was an action comedy?

Unsure how this is relevant, but having not seen and trailers or anything before watching the film, yes.

I watched Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrells tonight and loved it.

forehead7, on 31 Oct 2013 - 20:13, said:

I really wanted to see this after seeing the trailer but saw that it's a 12A and kinda lost interest, I usually find most of the stuff in Jackass funny as well. Might try and catch it next week before it leaves the cinema.

They've crammed the funniness into the trailer quite well.

Season of the witch. what an awful film. didnt even make it to the end because it annoyed me.

when i saw Cage was in it i wasnt put off but this really wasnt a film for him with his stupid super noodle hair and then when Perlman said in his gravelly american accent "lets get the hell out of here" that was it for me.

They were supposed to be in the dark ages ffs. Im not expecting them to put on ye olde accents or anything but at least try to get into some kind of character. The fight scenes were rubbish too.

Dont know what kind of person would enjoy this film. morons possibly.