What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

I struggle to think of actors but Hugh Jackman would be nowhere near my list of actors to play Wolverine, he's about a foot too tall!

So you're not impressed with his portrayal of the character because he's too tall? How do you feel about Daniel Craig as the first blonde Bond?

I suppose I should have said "It's now difficult for me to imagine anyone doing a better job as Wolverine"

Apparently the shortlist to play Wolverine was Dougray Scott, Russell Crowe, Ed Norton and Hugh Jackman. I feel they made the correct choice

That's a pretty poor list, for what I want to see from the character. I'd probably go with Ed Norton from that list.

So you're not impressed with his portrayal of the character because he's too tall? How do you feel about Daniel Craig as the first blonde Bond?

I suppose I should have said "It's now difficult for me to imagine anyone doing a better job as Wolverine"

Not just that, he's too tall and far too muscular. He's not nearly "rapid" enough.

But what I want to see from a Wolverine portrayal is probably never gonna be what the studios want.

The closest I've seen is Dylan McDermott at the end of American Horror Story season 2. He's still way to tall but the way he acted in that would fit for how I see Wolverine.

Gravity ( 2013 )

This is every bit as good as I'd hoped, and then some. First thing to note is the opening 10 minutes. Some of the most wonderfully put together film you're likely to see. Sandra Bullock is probably looking at Oscar #2 for her performance, and Clooney is terrific in the more comic role, and his role as the more experienced and calm head is terrifically done. Then you have the visuals, which are remarkable. The climax is nail biting stuff. It all comes together to make the best movie of 2013, and probably a game changer in the 3D side of things too.

10/10

Agreed. The first 10-15 mins, I was blown away with the details and visuals.

In fact I gave it a 9/10 but im really struggling to find fault. I suspect in 2D it would maybe only be a 7 or 8 as the 3D really adds to it like I have never seen before. Bullock is a nail on for a Oscar nomination and will have to take done thing special in next couple months to beat that

I was thinking the 2D only added proper wow to the visuals. I think as a 2D movie, it'd work because it was still a very tense and powerful movie. A couple of scenes in 3D are just mind boggling though. One in particular is, and I apologize for the dramatics here, but it's profound.

But those were sort of side effects of the 3D. I think 2D watchers will really enjoy it.

Going to see Gravity tonight. Must admit that I wasn't totally sold on the idea and worried that I'd feel motion sick all the way through, but it's getting great reviews and everyone that's seen it is raving.

Lets dae this.

Gravity really is fantastic, I'm just back from watching it. The 3d is incredible and the opening 20 minutes is breathtaking.

Visuals aside it's still a great movie, really tense, you don't know how it will end. Sandra Bullock is fantastic and George Clooney is great in the supporting role, probably the best film I've seen at the cinema this year.

quantum of solace 0/10

gave up after an hour, as someone who grew up watching connery or moore as bond, i'd managed to avoid watching any 007 films since brosnan took over. but gave this a go as it was on telly and nothing else on

big mistake! utter garbage, rotten dialogue, poor script, bad acting and a truly woeful Daniel craig. cant believe anyone thinks that wooden midget makes a good bond

Watched Bronson the other day the film about Britain's most violent prisoner. Found it a bit pointless tbh with Tom Hardy just fighting prison guards but at the same time I strangely enjoyed it.

Can't look at him the same way after 'lawless' and without spoiling it his throat in that film

6/10