What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

People literally did walk out of it when it came up what it was :lol:... A good 7 or 8 in the smaller of the 2 screens.

It was a pretty decent film in faitrness. The supporting cast is reasonable, the cut scenes relatively imaginative and funny and Stiller didn't make me want to rip my eyes out as much as normal. Didn't realise he was directing too - I'd say he's a better director than he is an actor.

6/10

I've been to see a few things recently, so I'll run through the wee list;

Catching Fire - I thought this was better than the first one, which I also thought was pretty good. Can't agree about the comments earlier that the first 45 minutes were filler - without giving too much away, they will turn out to be essential to the overall story. I loved the cat and mouse between the President and the tributes. Aside from that, Jennifer Lawrence is the obvious stand out, but the supporting cast all do a commendable enough job too. The movie on its own is probably a 7, made a 8 out of 10 by Lawrence.

Parkland - Quite a chaotic watch really, but it was good to see the Kennedy assassination from the points of view of a few people directly affected, but who had nothing to do with the shooting. I'm not sure how historically accurate the film is, but it was reasonably entertaining. 5/10

The Family - I'm not sure what this film was trying to be. A slapstick mob film, a drama, a coming of age story? It kind of verged on each, with some suggestions of extreme violence thrown in for good measure. Not one of De Niro's best to be honest. 3/10 - one of the points is for Dianna Agron :wub:

Looking forward to seeing Parkland. It's meant to be close to 99% accurate and the book it's based on blows a lot of the conspiracy nonsense out of the water.

WHAT THE f**k I have just noticed there is an oldboy remake out :(

Yup we feared that would be the film that was on during the secret screening

Just checked when it was coming out here (6th of December, ftr) and I see it's got a 4.1/10 on IMDb. :o

I had hoped it might not be too bad. Spike Lee with Josh Brolin and Elizabeth Olsen playing the two main roles (I assume she plays that role).

Lol there is no way they will use that ending, they can't Hollywood would explode if they did!

Assault on Wall Street

4/10

Was hoping for a feel good rampage film, this just ended up being really depressing as the guy loses everything in his life, most of the time showing him in silence pulling a face. When he finally goes on a rampage it's just harrowing scenes as the defenseless wall street brokers who you're meant to be against get gunned down in terror.

The Tournament

6/10

The world's top assassins congregate in some UK town to have a battle to the death that rich people bet on. Shite premise, but some pretty damn good action scenes made this a very watchable film without ever straying into anything remotely deep, despite a few small efforts to do so.

Gravity

7/10

3D doesn't work for me due to a gammy eye, but the camerawork in this film was pretty damn awesome. I didn't really like Sandra Bullocks performance as much as others have posted, but she did well. For me it's more about the graphics and camerawork than the plot, they're good enough to carry it through though.

Edited by Tamdunk

Alpha Dog - 8/10

After watching a few documentary's on this story, i thought the film was excellent. Powerfull story and ending. A drama based on the life of Jesse James Hollywood, a drug dealer who became one of the youngest men ever to be on the FBI's most wanted list.

Dog Pound - 7/10

Up to date version of Scum set in Canada. Decent watch.

Edited by LBC-91

Hunger Games Catching Fire.

Far too much of what's to come is telegraphed ahead of the events leading to less surprise and intrigue than there could have been. It also suffered from some very poor casting choices leading to unbelievable characters. The mad-scientist pair of Nuts & Volts, for example, lacked credibility leading to key stages in the film being profoundly weakened instead of engaging.

Nevertheless, it's a decent action romp and Lawrence is (again) a charismatic presence who delivers a compelling performance worthy of the admission fee alone. Especially so for a shade over £3 at Clydebank on their cheap Tuesday deal.

Once more the crazed show presenter is quite brilliantly played. This charlie with the lotion and the kinky hair is glorious entertainment for a character so charmingly and savagely cynical at one and the same time. A very steely Dan made flesh.

The Adventures of Tintin: The Secret of the Unicorn.

An absolutely brilliant animated adventure. Not only does it look brilliant, but it has the plot to match, with plenty of action and comedy to cater for almost everyone.

I'd recommend it to anyone, and I really hope they make another, with plenty of stories available through the comics.

A very solid 8 out of 10

Stripes. 6/10

Sin City. Hoooooooooly shit that was amazing! 10/10

Sin City is a fantastic film and one of the few comic book adaptations I've actually enjoyed. Stays very faithful to the source material also. Stylish, sexy, action packed and captivating.

Just checked when it was coming out here (6th of December, ftr) and I see it's got a 4.1/10 on IMDb. :o

I had hoped it might not be too bad. Spike Lee with Josh Brolin and Elizabeth Olsen playing the two main roles (I assume she plays that role).

Initial Hollywood remake was going to be directed by Spielberg and star Will Smith. Imagine how fuckin terrible that would've been :lol::lol:

Edited by mrcat1990

I'd recommend it to anyone, and I really hope they make another, with plenty of stories available through the comics.

Just a shame they didn't stick to one. I would have loved to see a Studio Ghibli Tintin.

Soul Men. Utterly predictable but enjoyable folly to turn your head off and enjoy. Bernie Mac could've done far better for his swansong though.

To balance out the Hollywood cheese and unrealistic happiness I watched Tyrannosaur. A film I've seen many, many times and it still continues to be excellent. Unbelievable amount of humanity and Olivia Coleman's performance was well deserved of every award going. One of the few 9 or 10 out of 10 films I've seen in the past three years.