What Was The Last Movie You Watched?

Rugster

Hannah 8/10

Really like this film,seen it a couple of times now.great acting,bana is usual reliable self.only thing I've knocked points off for is the stupid ending.don't know how to do spoilers so won't say why I think its so stupid.

This one ??

http://www.film4.com/reviews/2011/hanna

Have not seen it as the local Cineworld only has one 2D showing in the middle of week days - 3D is useless if you are fekking colourblind.

Ash this could explain quite a lot. I never notice I huge amount of difference with 3d films I'm also colourblind.

Good to know, chief, good to know.

Has anyone watched a film called Shank? If you love shit movies, please watch this. It'll become your instant favourite film.

It's set in London in 2015 and the country has gone to shit. Loads of kid gangsters who rob food on the mean streets have their boss killed and go on a revenge mission despite vowing never to kill anyone.

It's on iplayer if i've sold it to anyone.

The Iceman - 7/10.

Nowhere near as good as I thought it was going to be. Just didnt feel that much happened in it even though lots of people died if that makes sense. Michael Shannon on typically brilliant form though, he got Kuklinski down to a T. Thought Chris Evans done a no bad turn as well.

Solid without being great.

Alpha pappa

Thought it was ok, one or two lol moments but there was something missing. After waiting for so long for a partridge movie I just felt a bit cheated and maybe this character isn't suited to a feature film?

Would have like to have seen more of the character rather than just a rehash of his recent episodes.

6/10

Dredd

loved it , I think they got the feel of the character just about right,the whole style of the film violence and all is how Dredd should be done, this film really shows just how bad the Stallone one was, hope the sequels keep the same style and don't go all glam. 9/10

This Is The End 6/10. Had a few funny moments, but it isn't anywhere near as good as the likes of Superbad or Hot Tub Time Machine. Probably deserves a 4 or a 5, but bonus points were awarded for Rihanna and Emma Watson.

WAtched 2 films over the weekend both on netflix

Dr Who the Movie (1996) - Watched this with some mates as its being done on my mates podcast. I havent watched it since it was first released and even then remember it wasn't a great film. It seems that was even too generous! The story was shocking the acting wooden as anything, the only thing that saves it is the fact that Eric Roberts is utter cheese tastic with his performance

5/10

Knockoff - A film made in Hong Kong featuring the pairing of Jean Claude Van Damme and Rob Schneider.. No seriously. Some of the camera work on this film seriously makes you think the cameraman was on some form of drugs, the shot following someone's foot going inside a trainer was a def wtf moment

4/10

Anchorman-Ron Burgundy.1/10.What an absolute bag of shite this was.was looking forward to it after various people(including reviewers on here) had raved about it but I only laughed once.right after the big newsreaders fight,Ron says"well that escalated quickly".I only laughed at this coz I recognised it from various gifs used on this site.the Steve carrell character,Brick,really annoyed me.so childish it was beyond stupid.total rubbish

Anchorman-Ron Burgundy.1/10.What an absolute bag of shite this was.was looking forward to it after various people(including reviewers on here) had raved about it but I only laughed once.right after the big newsreaders fight,Ron says"well that escalated quickly".I only laughed at this coz I recognised it from various gifs used on this site.the Steve carrell character,Brick,really annoyed me.so childish it was beyond stupid.total rubbish

You love lamp.

Frozen

I spent most of this morning in an Odeon with 300 or so first and second years that we took to the cinema to reward them for their 'good behaviour' so far this year. The sound of hundreds of crisp packets and sweety wrappers scrunching is like turning static on the radio up to full volume in your car. Luckily the film was incredibly fucking loud, to the point of feeling nauseous.

The film was typical Disney fare, looked very good, some funny characters with lots and lots of inane singing about practically any shit that was going on ("I've opened a window, I've opened a door!"). Less music would have made it better but even the usual 'everything is gay' crowd of hardened S2 boys seemed to enjoy it.

6/10

The World's End - Loved both Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz, the patter's right up my street and thought I'd be the same with this final movie of the Cornetto trilogy. Problem being straight from the off, though, that Nick Frost was playing the straight man for Simon Pegg in this one, rather than the other way about and that just didn't work as well for me. It had a few smirk raising moments, regarding how samey franchise pubs are and the antagonists being just as daft as the zombis in SOTD. And one proper LOL moment at the end with Martin Freeman's replacement head. Apart from that, a bit of a letdown. Soundtrack was a redeeming factor though. 6/10.

Monsters University - Always was going to love it. I'm a huge mark for Pixar (as most folk are) apart from the two horrible Cars movies. Monsters Inc. was excellent and although this was a little bit play by the numbers in terms of storyline and didn't ever tug at the old heartstrings like Toy Story 3, Up and Wall-E, it was still a well done film and a very good prequel to an already successful franchise. I just wish they'd at least think about a sequel to The Incredibles instead of Finding Dory. 7.5/10