Walking Down The Halbeath Road

12 hours ago, 101 said:

4 tickets left in the NW for Saturday's game

Just seen usual parts of NW sold out, section L opened now. Looks like the club are expecting a bumper crowd. Hopefully the team can get the win and encourage everyone to come back for the trophy presentation 2 weeks later.

Thankfully it’s not the same manager as last year. Remember a bumper crowd turning up v QoS in the last league game. Performance was atrocious and hardly anybody turned up for the playoffs.

13 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Just seen usual parts of NW sold out, section L opened now. Looks like the club are expecting a bumper crowd. Hopefully the team can get the win and encourage everyone to come back for the trophy presentation 2 weeks later.

Thankfully it’s not the same manager as last year. Remember a bumper crowd turning up v QoS in the last league game. Performance was atrocious and hardly anybody turned up for the playoffs.

Aye that's good they have opened up the last section of the NW, in a Dreamland I wonder if they open NE or the Cowdenbeath end for overspill home fans.

2 hours ago, CallumPar said:

Tbf we were well on top and deservedly ahead until it became apparent the score was meaningless. At that stage the playoff game became more important. 

2 hours ago, 101 said:

Aye that's good they have opened up the last section of the NW, in a Dreamland I wonder if they open NE or the Cowdenbeath end for overspill home fans.

Think until the Norrie end is sold out they won't bother. Would be nice to see it as busy from a home point of view as the Falkirk game. Obviously QoS aren't going to fill the Cowden end but it's still a big game for them so they might bring an okay crowd.

46 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Tbf we were well on top and deservedly ahead until it became apparent the score was meaningless. At that stage the playoff game became more important. 

Fair comment. We were decent in the first half from memory. But think Ayr had the lead from very early on in their game. Only really remember Chalmers’ own goal, which summed up his and the team’s season!

21 minutes ago, DA-go Par Adonis said:

Looks like the North East is open, but that's where our friends from Dumfries will be housed.

We're in the main south stand, south-east end.

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

Think that's true. We didn't really do anything in the game till the second half.

We were winning 1-0 at half time (Edwards early on). We were playing pretty decently until half time.

As for Saturday don't think it'll come close to selling out for us but will definitely a bigger than normal crowd.

Good news. He was good at championship level before and is playing under a manager that rates him very highly and will be happy to build the attack around him. He’s not a physical threat, but he reads the game well, is skilful and scores goals. 

McPake's comments are bizarre. Again, his whole interview in The Courier is about Dundee on Craig Wighton signing an extension for you.

I really don't get where he's coming from either - he's blaming our board (whom he's still clearly very bitter about punting him) for our managers (who were excellent apparently) for playing Craig Wighton.

“He was probably put out there too soon in terms of being a poster boy for a football club. He was only 16 and I can speak about it because I was there. It was not something that I particularly agreed with but he was exposed to things he maybe shouldn’t have been doing when he was so young, due to the impact that he had at Dundee. I don’t know if it hindered him too much but it certainly didn’t help him. Then he scored that goal that they all speak about against United and it elevated him again.

He went to Hearts and I come back to what football does – it gives you kicks and it can hurt you.

I don’t think that was handled particularly well and that wasn’t the manager, that was the football club, in my opinion.

I can speak from experience because I have had players very similar to Craig: Finlay Robertson, Lyall Cameron, Josh Mulligan, Sam Fisher – all playing for Dundee.

I don’t think Dundee did that with Craig. Paul Hartley was excellent with him, Neil McCann was excellent and then he was a bit older when the next manager came in.

The club in general, the higher-up people at the club didn’t handle it very well in my opinion.

It had an effect on Craig because when you are so young and you are carrying the expectations of the full club which was the case, then as soon as you have a bad game people recognise it more and you are held more accountable.

For one, he says Neil McCann was 'excellent' with him - it was him that punted him to Hearts for nothing and he wasn't around when the manager McPake can never name (Jim McIntyre) because he doesn't like him.

Secondly, Finlay Robertson got the exact same 'hero' treatment Wighton did when he broke through - only Wighton got elevated after he relegated United.  That has nothing to do with the board and is just natural for a fanbase to go wild about a youth player breaking through that ends up sticking the ultimate dagger into your rivals. That has absolutely nothing to do with board.

John Brown, Paul Hartley & Neil McCann's handling of Wighton as a youth player can be questioned, but baffling that McPake finds the need to have yet another pop at Dundee which has become a semi-regular thing these days.

Just find it bizarre this chip McPake has on his shoulder and seems to mention us almost every couple of weeks.

On the whole though, absolutely delighted Craig Wighton is doing well for you lads and finally settling with a club. Always had the talent just not always the application.