Walking Down The Halbeath Road

🆕🎙️ 

🕴️ Robbie Devlin joins Michael Wood to discuss: 

🤕 #DAFC Injury woes.
✍️ January wish list.
📅 #COYP November results.
🤔 Expectations for December.
⚽ Breaking ground on the training complex.
❓ Supporter's Meeting.

🤝 Shares appreciated. 

🔗👇

Edited by TN10Y

3 hours ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Summers could be back tomorrow if game is on which is a boost.

Bene, Breen, Fisher, KRH, Moffat & Tod all out though.

So likely team is? 

Mehmet

Comrie Hamilton Otoo

MOH Allan Chalmers Edwards

Todd

McCann Wighton

Then Jakubiak, Summers, the GKs and a bunch of teenagers on the bench. 

31 minutes ago, par-adise said:

So likely team is? 

Mehmet

Comrie Hamilton Otoo

MOH Allan Chalmers Edwards

Todd

McCann Wighton

Then Jakubiak, Summers, the GKs and a bunch of teenagers on the bench. 

Would be surprised if this wasn't the exact 11, not ideal having literally only 2 senior outfield options on the bench.

Edited by VinnyPar

We should have just installed one of those all weather pitches at East End. Would mean that we would avoid postponements like today. I’m sure Livingston, Kelty, Alloa, Falkirk etc won’t have games postponed because of a bit of snow. 

24 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

We should have just installed one of those all weather pitches at East End. Would mean that we would avoid postponements like today. I’m sure Livingston, Kelty, Alloa, Falkirk etc won’t have games postponed because of a bit of snow. 

Lol, missing that 😁 otherwise folk will think you're being serious

Bit of a gap opening up at the top of the table from third down.

However we're 4th are only 7 points behind third with a game in hand. Partick are third and we play them in two weeks.

Should we lose next week to Airdrie then at worst we'll be 5th. However we're only 6 points off 9th (Arbroath) and they have a game in hand over us.

We're one of only four teams in the league with a positive goal difference.

A mental league with a long way to go! 

Main benefit of finishing 4th will be financial from prize money and an extra gate (or two?).

Would give us not a snowball’s chance in hell of getting promoted and think we’re actually more likely to end up 6th or 7th.

Would agree that we should not get relegated but that was true in 21/22 as well.

1 hour ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Main benefit of finishing 4th will be financial from prize money and an extra gate (or two?).

Would give us not a snowball’s chance in hell of getting promoted and think we’re actually more likely to end up 6th or 7th.

Would agree that we should not get relegated but that was true in 21/22 as well.

For me, coming fourth would signal to me the team and the manager have it within them to progress and get promoted. 

If we were finishing 6/7th I'd be concerned tbh.

6 minutes ago, HoBNob said:

For me, coming fourth would signal to me the team and the manager have it within them to progress and get promoted. 

If we were finishing 6/7th I'd be concerned tbh.

What if it was a case of just a few points (similar to the Championship last season)? Obviously would be disappointing the lower we finish but a single result could potentially make the difference (see below).

Screenshot_20231203_010012_Opera.thumb.jpg.57898efc2fce674ee037a5416fa4ea67.jpg

Edited by DA Baracus

3 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

What if it was a case of just a few points (similar to the Championship last season)? Obviously would be disappointing the lower we finish but a single result could potentially make the difference (see below).

Screenshot_20231203_010012_Opera.thumb.jpg.57898efc2fce674ee037a5416fa4ea67.jpg

Aye, I wouldn't be walking away thinking it's a successful season. 

After a dreadful start in 16/17, much worse than this season, we actually came close to a play-off place in the end.

There is a pattern emerging in the league, but I think we are a safe bet for finishing mid table. Really can’t see us finishing any lower than 6th or 7th in all honesty. Arbroath and Morton look doomed.