Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Wouldn't be too arsed if they gave Joe a wee deal until end of the season, where he's also doing the vacant role that Greg Shields done. Then he retires, gets the nice big playing career send off at East End and moves into the academy role full time.

I think we'll probably sign Josh McPake and another defender.

35 minutes ago, Well over Par said:

Saw Joe play against us for Kelty in a midfield role. Clearly best days behind him, even then 

I seen him play up in Kelty against us, wee bit slower but still had the footballers vision. I’m with The Toun Clock on this, Joe would still be a great addition to the squad, and with some of our young players being Pars fans, I think he’d be an invaluable inspiration for them. 
I say sign him up 

Edited by Wacky

Considering half the time this season we’ve filled the bench with 2 goalies and some kids, Cardie absolutely could come on and change a game or two in our favour.  Doesn’t have to do it for 90 mins- just that bit of experience and magic

You boys are wild. A contract for a 37 year old winger? No chance. I appreciate our bench has looked very weak in recent times but this is not the way forward, even if it is until the end of the season. I assume he'd be on top of another defender, but I'd sooner double up the money on one signing who had prospects beyond this season. 

Would love to see him step into Shields' role though.

Yours,

Miserable Sod.

Well if he's coming on board as a  player short-term on a minimal wage but also being assigned a long-term coaching role with the club then as far as I'm concerned it's a yes from me.

Joe Cardle would surely be a pure nostalgia signing? Like us signing John Baird or something. Can’t believe there wouldn’t be better options available to you than him, unless it is tied up with a coaching role and he’s purely cover/bench filler.

4 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Joe Cardle would surely be a pure nostalgia signing? Like us signing John Baird or something. Can’t believe there wouldn’t be better options available to you than him, unless it is tied up with a coaching role and he’s purely cover/bench filler.

Your last sentence suits me, that’s exactly how I’d imagine it. 

Better than two friggin sub goalies and 4 teenagers with no experience at all which has been the case a few times.!

One small piece of gossip today for Pars fans. I believe former NZ Captain Tommy Smith has turned down the chance to join on a short term loan until the end of the season from MK Dons. Ex Ipswich and Colorado Rapids CB was keen to move north but wanted a permanent deal but the Pars only wanted a short term loan

3 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Queens Park have signed Danny Wilson on an 18 month deal. Thats a fantastic signing for this level.

That is indeed a cracker of a move.  Watched him play in the MLS last year and he did well, this level SHOULD be a breeze. 

2 hours ago, North West said:

Bring back George O'Boyle!

Let's not get carried away.

2 hours ago, Well over Par said:

You don’t do irony?

Explain please.

2 hours ago, Well over Par said:

You don’t do irony?

12 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Explain please.

It’s the same as goldy, and bronzey, only it’s made of iron 😉