Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Looking at the wider picture, the board  will be sanctioning these young lads to come in on loan , but because of the injuries to our senior players , unless they are very good , they will have no long term future . The timescale of our injury list meant we did need an experienced centre back , to see the season out for us . The frustrating thing is the lack of communication from the board . Looking at attendance figures, we are second to Dundee utd , so hugely under achieving. For years Falkirk and ourselves have been the biggest underachievers in Scottish football. Hope we don’t change places with them regarding league status ………

9 hours ago, DA Baracus said:

Lidl has a tremendous bakery and have a good selection of beer.

2 hours ago, tractortom said:

The timescale of our injury list meant we did need an experienced centre back

We kept Utd out at Tannadice with Fisher, Otoo, and Walcott. There was no reason for the manager to doubt these three could be every bit as good against Morton. Sadly Lady Luck once again vomited on our eiderdown and Fisher got injured in training. Everyone at the club will have hairy baws not crystal ones, and wouldn’t see that coming

Experienced players will cost more money to bring in than a decent young prospect, and we’ve all seen the posts about the clubs spending causing alarm amongst some of the patrons/board members. The club will be trying to be prudent in their spending and do their best to keep the wage bill down. it’s the old rock and hard place scenario. We all enjoyed our cup runs and trips to Hampden when masterton was spending money we couldn’t afford, and it almost finished us off further down the line. I don’t want a repeat of that ever again, and I’m probably in the minority here but if we once again have to go backwards in order to come forward then IMO so be it.
Every player that comes back and stays fit will be like a new signing for us, and we will only get stronger for it. that’s why I don’t believe we’ll go down this season. 

1 minute ago, Wacky said:

We kept Utd out at Tannadice with Fisher, Otoo, and Walcott. There was no reason for the manager to doubt these three could be every bit as good against Morton. Sadly Lady Luck once again vomited on our eiderdown and Fisher got injured in training. Everyone at the club will have hairy baws not crystal ones, and wouldn’t see that coming

Experienced players will cost more money to bring in than a decent young prospect, and we’ve all seen the posts about the clubs spending causing alarm amongst some of the patrons/board members. The club will be trying to be prudent in their spending and do their best to keep the wage bill down. it’s the old rock and hard place scenario. We all enjoyed our cup runs and trips to Hampden when masterton was spending money we couldn’t afford, and it almost finished us off further down the line. I don’t want a repeat of that ever again, and I’m probably in the minority here but if we once again have to go backwards in order to come forward then IMO so be it.
Every player that comes back and stays fit will be like a new signing for us, and we will only get stronger for it. that’s why I don’t believe we’ll go down this season. 

Why do clubs in this league with smaller income streams manage to buy experienced players though? Why are are struggling to juggle finances to enable an experiened centre back to come in, when it's glaringly obvious we need one... This is where there are concerns being raised about where the hell our money is going.

Second biggest crowds in the league, hospitality sold out, naming right of the stadium sold in the summer, Nisbet sell on fee. Other clubs in this league would bite your hand off for that kind of income.

I'm all for the future planning with the academy and getting young prospects in, but we need to balance it off with getting the right amount of experience to nurture these guys. Having one experienced CB who's not been fit neally all season and the brining in a couple 20 year olds that have not even played 10 senior games between them is madness.

28 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

Why do clubs in this league with smaller income streams manage to buy experienced players though? Why are are struggling to juggle finances to enable an experiened centre back to come in, when it's glaringly obvious we need one... This is where there are concerns being raised about where the hell our money is going.

Second biggest crowds in the league, hospitality sold out, naming right of the stadium sold in the summer, Nisbet sell on fee. Other clubs in this league would bite your hand off for that kind of income.

I'm all for the future planning with the academy and getting young prospects in, but we need to balance it off with getting the right amount of experience to nurture these guys. Having one experienced CB who's not been fit neally all season and the brining in a couple 20 year olds that have not even played 10 senior games between them is madness.

I can’t answer the question of our finances, but I think the question was raised in that meeting on the 30th? The guys that do know about our financial situation would appear to be satisfied with the answers as they aren’t shouting from the rooftops about it. What are we as the average paying fan to do about it other than trust the people in a position to question such things? I’ve seen the question spattered around on the other two Pars forums and no explanation or answers from the people who were at the meeting. This tells me that they are keeping a close eye on new owners, and they are satisfied with the answers they received so far. 
I’m frustrated that given the defensive situation at the club we didn’t bring in an experienced defender too, but we didn’t and as a season ticket holder I can only hope things pan out. Realistically what else can we do? 

15 minutes ago, Well over Par said:

Bang on. Where has all that money gone ? 

We clearly won’t be getting answers to that question anytime soon, but the patrons have apparently questioned this, and their silence is deafening. We’d all love to know what happened in that meeting, but again we have to trust the people who were there to let up know if there’s a problem, otherwise we have two choices IMO, keep supporting the team, or withdraw our support. I’ll be continuing to support the players we have and hope they can keep us up this season 

From what I was told Patrons can ask all the questions they want but gmbh hold all the cards. It’s their money their ball and they can run the club as they like.

worry is how long will they put up with big losses and why are we running up big losses ? 

1 hour ago, Well over Par said:

From what I was told Patrons can ask all the questions they want but gmbh hold all the cards. It’s their money their ball and they can run the club as they like.

worry is how long will they put up with big losses and why are we running up big losses ? 

it is their baw and money, and to they can do whatever they want with it, but “if” the patrons don’t like what they are seeing they’ll surely come out and tell the wider fan base? That’s when we’ll rally around like the last time and do our best to sort it out.
We have to hope if that happens we can find another Ross McArthur to champion the cause, because I’m sure that after the abuse he and his family suffered, being spat on, having his car damaged because some complete clueless fuckwits couldn’t see the man had tried his best for the club he loves, will rule him out from doing this again. 

I would say our injury list is a major factor in our league position. The Germans will see that too, and will be frustrated like the rest of us. They won’t walk away as many on here hope they will, they’ll tread water and hope we don’t go back down. Even then I doubt they’ll sack McPake or walk away regardless of the losses the club have, because it’s simply bad luck that we have players out. 

1 hour ago, Wacky said:

it is their baw and money, and to they can do whatever they want with it, but “if” the patrons don’t like what they are seeing they’ll surely come out and tell the wider fan base? That’s when we’ll rally around like the last time and do our best to sort it out.
We have to hope if that happens we can find another Ross McArthur to champion the cause, because I’m sure that after the abuse he and his family suffered, being spat on, having his car damaged because some complete clueless fuckwits couldn’t see the man had tried his best for the club he loves, will rule him out from doing this again. 

I would say our injury list is a major factor in our league position. The Germans will see that too, and will be frustrated like the rest of us. They won’t walk away as many on here hope they will, they’ll tread water and hope we don’t go back down. Even then I doubt they’ll sack McPake or walk away regardless of the losses the club have, because it’s simply bad luck that we have players out. 

It was Mccarthur that brought them to the club so he's as culpable as anybody.

Not sure what to make of it, however I drove past Pitreavie at about 11:40 and there was no training, no yellow tops, no activity whatsoever which is quite odd as they always train at that time.

I wonder if they're all up at East End getting battered and watching the game back.

1 hour ago, Rob1885 said:

Ok, you’ve already said that you felt the Germans were a bad fit for us? 
would you be happier if Ross was still running things? 
if not him or the Germans, then it would be logical to say that you have given it some thought and know what Ross should have done? I’m really interested to know you think should have happened? 

1 hour ago, Rob1885 said:

I don’t know about you but this made me ashamed to be a Pars fan at the time. This man put his time, money, and huge effort into saving our club from extinction. Were you at THAT game in Kirkcaldy, the one that could have been the very last game we ever played? 
Ross McArthur was at the forefront of stopping that, then admitted he’s taken us as far as he possibly could. Do you really believe that after all his efforts he would simply dump the club he loves enough to do everything he did to save it, and hand it over to the first person to knock the door? 

this article is fuckin shameful and disgusting. It makes me sick to think this man and his family were put through this 

https://www.footballscotland.co.uk/spfl/scottish-championship/ross-mcarthur-lifts-lid-shocking-22294516.amp

1 hour ago, Wacky said:

Ok, you’ve already said that you felt the Germans were a bad fit for us? 
would you be happier if Ross was still running things? 
if not him or the Germans, then it would be logical to say that you have given it some thought and know what Ross should have done? I’m really interested to know you think should have happened? 

Aye I'd be happier with Mccarthur than the current board set up. He didn't want to do it anymore though which is fine.

34 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Aye I'd be happier with Mccarthur than the current board set up. He didn't want to do it anymore though which is fine.

Who could blame him for wanting out? That man should have been carried shoulder high out of EEP, instead he probably pulled his hat down and collar up to sneak out in case he was verbally and maybe even physically attacked. 
I don’t think the Germans are a bad fit for us, and I’d bet my left baw Ross carried out vigorous checks on them before allowing them to take over. 
The thing I hold onto most is these guys are very successful businessmen in their own right, and will be very capable of making something out of this latest project/hobby. They are clearly hitting a few stumbling blocks, but they’ll learn from it and will start to get it right eventually. IMO,  we just have to hold our nerve and not start a witch hunt like we seen happen to Ross.
If it turns out I’m wrong I’ll say so, but I think these guys will take us far higher than we expected. 

2 hours ago, The Toun Clock said:

Not sure what to make of it, however I drove past Pitreavie at about 11:40 and there was no training, no yellow tops, no activity whatsoever which is quite odd as they always train at that time.

I wonder if they're all up at East End getting battered and watching the game back.

Hopefully getting fucked in to at EEP for that shambles at the weekend. 

2 hours ago, Wacky said:

Were you at THAT game in Kirkcaldy, the one that could have been the very last game we ever played? 

Not many of you were, despite our club’s utterly selfless and generous offer to donate money back to our West Fife neighbours in their hour of need.

Edited by Enigma

15 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Hopefully getting fucked in to at EEP for that shambles at the weekend. 

I know pretty much all full time teams do video analysis these days, although I've never heard McPake refer to it. I'd like to think it's the first thing done on a Monday morning, especially after a result/performance like we had on Saturday.

Having a joke on the match thread for the QP game about the bad weather/pitch for the weekend but I hope it's fine, need a chance to put that one behind us.

15 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Not many of you were, despite our clubs utterly selfless and generous offer to donate money back to our West Fife neighbours in their hour or need.

Still never managed to beat us that season either.