Walking Down The Halbeath Road

Yep. With Airdrie looking out of reach, planning for next season is hopefully starting. Players need to go out and look to win all remaining games and at least, give the impression of a club building up for a big season next year. Coaching staff are hopefully already looking at who can be moved on and who can be brought in. Club need to think and act like a top 4 club as a minimum. 

With the new training ground starting to spin up, hopefully now able to start moving in and getting ready for a very important pre-seeason. 

As someone who's seen both play for his club in the top flight, Chris Kane is better and it isn't that close.

He's only away from us because he was injured for about 18 months really. He wasn't going to get regular games until he was fit, which he needed regular games for. A loan where he gets that is best for everyone.

I'd be shocked if top flight sides aren't looking at him for next season. 

I would love to keep Kane but as said above, I personally think he could still play effectively in the top league.

He's been a big help getting us up the league though and just need to appeciate him for the next 4 games. It will be be some drop off when he goes and we get Wighton back. I'm actually hoping to see Taylor Sutherland make a push for 1st team football next year. Scoring every week in the reserves and some nice finishes.

2 hours ago, Chubbychops said:

I'm actually hoping to see Taylor Sutherland make a push for 1st team football next year. Scoring every week in the reserves and some nice finishes.

Totally this. I think the laddie could do a job for the senior team too. I’m sure we have him tied up in a good length of contract, and I think he’ll be a great player for us. I just hope McPake gives him the chance to show it next season 

4 hours ago, Chubbychops said:

Taylor Sutherland make a push for 1st team football next year. Scoring every week in the reserves and some nice finishes.

Him and Tod are our biggest prospects at the moment, but Taylor especially lacks the experience needed. Surprised Sutherland didn't get a loan back to League 2 tbh. Bonnyrigg fans seemed to like him. 

9 hours ago, Wacky said:

Totally this. I think the laddie could do a job for the senior team too. I’m sure we have him tied up in a good length of contract, and I think he’ll be a great player for us. I just hope McPake gives him the chance to show it next season 

McPake will definitely give worthy youngsters a real chance. 

1 hour ago, Heaton said:

150k plus 30% sell on or bolt. 

Hmm I think the £100k and a smaller sell on will be what is realised.  Get the feeling that the extension triggering was done so with a promise that summer time we will assist him in getting a move.  

Its time for him to move on and up.

As much as I like him I do struggle to see Edwards' appeal to higher level clubs sometimes - as above his crossing is so infuriating, he seems to have a least one cross a game that lands in the Cowden End/the NMc. That being said I seem to remember him showing up quite well in stats posted here not too long ago.

I would absolutely take 100k and a decent sell-on, especially from a non-Scottish club. 

If he is willing to sign a longer extension I'd be delighted with that. If not and he fancies another challenge and we can get some cash for him then fair play and he would go with my best wishes. Lewis Strapp and Cameron Harper are two LBs out of contract (i think) in the summer who I think would do a job for us.

I wonder if Airdrie have a sell on clause for him? 

6 minutes ago, par-adise said:

If he is willing to sign a longer extension I'd be delighted with that. If not and he fancies another challenge and we can get some cash for him then fair play and he would go with my best wishes. Lewis Strapp and Cameron Harper are two LBs out of contract (i think) in the summer who I think would do a job for us.

I wonder if Airdrie have a sell on clause for him? 

Tell Airdrie if they win tomorrow they lose their sell on clause (if it exists).