Walking Down The Halbeath Road

1 minute ago, Stellaboz said:

It doesn't work like that and you know it. 

But it does. Dunfermline fans owned their club but let control go to people with absolutely no connection with their club on I assume their promises of sunlight uplands. How many times will it take for fans to learn ? 

1 hour ago, BPM said:

But it does. Dunfermline fans owned their club but let control go to people with absolutely no connection with their club on I assume their promises of sunlight uplands. How many times will it take for fans to learn ? 

You’re trying very hard to act like you know what you’re talking about, whilst making it very clear that you don’t. Our majority shareholder was Pars United, a CIC that was being run by a group of supporters that have invested money into the club and were instrumental in getting us out of administration.

They made the decisions, not the entire fanbase. They were involved in discussions and the rest of us didn’t know anything until the announcement was made. Well done for making up a good wee story about how we’re apparently all to blame though. 

Classic case of an idiot doing no research, but thinking they know everything and trying to mansplain.

4 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

You’re trying very hard to act like you know what you’re talking about, whilst making it very clear that you don’t. Our majority shareholder was Pars United, a CIC that was being run by a group of supporters that have invested money into the club and were instrumental in getting us out of administration.

They made the decisions, not the entire fanbase. They were involved in discussions and the rest of us didn’t know anything until the announcement was made. Well done for making up a good wee story about how we’re apparently all to blame though. 

Classic case of an idiot doing no research, but thinking they know everything and trying to mansplain.

A group of supporters invested money into the club and ran it then entered talks with the new owners and allowed them into to run the club. It's now going tits up but it's not the supporters fault? Whose fault is it then? 

1 minute ago, FK1Bairn said:

A group of supporters invested money into the club and ran it then entered talks with the new owners and allowed them into to run the club. It's now going tits up but it's not the supporters fault? Whose fault is it then? 

Certainly not the people posting on here, who had absolutely nothing to do with any decisions that were made and have no control over the situation.

4 minutes ago, Higgenarse said:

I'm clearly in a minority but league cup games despite being competitive tell us very little of how the season is going to pan out. I think Dunfermline will be up there challenging 

You haven’t seen us trying to play football in the last year and a bit… despite the fact the management and bulk of the squad is the same, it’s a very different team than the team that won league 1. There’s no fight, no passion and we’re very predictable. No creativity on the pitch or off it.

Meggle must see that their toy is faltering, and I’m not believing that they aren’t reading the forums so must see what we are all seeing and saying. 
What happened to Falkirk should be a wake up call to him, it could take years to recover if we go down again. A formation change should be the first thing to try, it baffles me that McPake still runs with the same tactics which clearly aren’t working. 
we have plenty pace and players that can run with the ball, yet we play this mad slow build up play. 

James, try something different ffs. You’ll destroy the players morale and drive fans away otherwise 

11 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

You haven’t seen us trying to play football in the last year and a bit… despite the fact the management and bulk of the squad is the same, it’s a very different team than the team that won league 1. There’s no fight, no passion and we’re very predictable. No creativity on the pitch or off it.

Fair play. I never rated Mcpake but you do have some decent players 

26 minutes ago, Enigma said:

Maybe another “fact finding” mission to a St Pauli game is what’s required.

2 hours ago, BPM said:

Clearly talking absolute pish. 

I had Raith TV on the telly yesterday and bought the Pars game on the tablet to see 2 of our rivals for myself.

Will be requesting a refund as I saw absolutely hee haw of the Pars game.

Is it really that bad so early in the season at EEP? 

Seems from speaking with Pars workmates that quite obvious flaws aren't being addressed. Can't see how going with that squad works as its also far too early for the Academy model to yield and reward. 

44 minutes ago, The Tiel Burn said:

Can't see how going with that squad works as its also far too early for the Academy model to yield and reward. 

That's pretty much what most of our fans are saying. They want to create a pathway for youth apparently but it only works if the youth are capable of playing at this level. Not just filling up our squad with young guys for the sake of it. 

We had a4-5 young players on the bench yesterday that are nowhere near ready for championship football.

The pathway for youth is just an excuse to not spend money on the first team and the penny pinching towards the first team budget is what's causing all the animosity toward the owners.

McPake is clearly not happy with the lack of backing from his board too. It's going to come to a head in the next few weeks.

3 hours ago, CallumPar said:

That makes it even worse. 

4 hours ago, Dunfermline Don said:

I saw this on the BBC website and thought WTF is McPake trying now?

Then remembered that I had just popped on to check the golf scores! 😂

IMG_1739.jpeg

Similar to the old one about no golfer from Thailand ever missing the cut because it's set at the first seventy and ties! Coat's already on!🫣