Walking Down The Halbeath Road

If we'd had Barrowman since the start of the season then we'd be far closer to the top of the table.

No,if you'd had Barrowman since the start of the season WE'D be closer to the top of the table! :0)

He tried hard enough but it never really worked for him at Cappielow, and I don't think you'd find a single Morton fan who doesn't think we've a stronger first team pool now than we had at the end of last year.

(Edited to add - why the hell don't iPad smileys show up on P&B posts? Bloody annoying.......)

Edited by Rudolph Hucker

I always assume that players who were shite at my club will be/ have been shite at every other club they've played for because I'm a very reasonable and logical person.

I always assume that players who were shite at my club will be/ have been shite at every other club they've played for because I'm a very reasonable and logical person.

Andy Campbell once scored at Old Trafford.

Just let that sink in.

Andy FUCKING Campbell.

There's something seriously wrong with the entire structure on the playing side at EEP.

I tried to point this out for months and have been shot down and attacked for it by fans who refuse to believe we are an complete and utter shambles on the park.

We have learned nothing since the first playoff defeat. Buying naive, physically weak inept young players or even buying the best players in the league and turning them into a waste. If it wasn't for scully and Buchanan we would be nearer the bottom of the league.

Let's all be thankful that we are wasting our hard earned money on this diabolical mess.

Most Morton fans would have given their MoM to Forbes yesterday. He has been excellent for us and as a straight swop for Barrowman, their is no doubt Morton got the better of the deal, especially with the other additions we have made upfront. Forbes and Tidser in the same midfield is quite a prospect even allowing for them both being left sided.

We were overloaded in the middle of the park and Forbes was no more than a passenger. We signed him thinking that he was going to be a dominant, influential midfield player that would conduct pretty much the whole game whilst pitching in with a goal or two. Barrowman on the other hand had played, and scored, in the top flight with us, he was also our top goalscorer the following season. Seemed more than logical to get rid of an empty shirt and replace him with someone who has already proven himself as a goalscorer with this particular club.

Fair enough! Some players just don't happen at a club but can be good elsewhere. Morton have signed more than their fair share of guys who have done well at their previous clubs but were hopeless at Cappielow. Ian Russell is a good example - scored loads at every club he has been at except Morton.

If both clubs think they got the better of the Forbes/Barrowman swap we are all happy then? I would just add that we have not lost since we signed Forbes (and a few others to be fair). How have you done since Barrowman returned?