Walking Down The Halbeath Road

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

I can't remember the details of Thistle, but the Rovers initiative was about as self serving as they come. Ticket sails prior to that announcement were frightfully low, everyone I knew was donating the ticket money to the club rather than go to Raith away. Raith then said they'd give money back from every sale above 2,000. At the time we weren't going to take more than 1,000.

Cowdenbeath IIRC set up a turnstile at one of there games where Pars fans could go through and the money would come of our debt to them. 

The Raith away attendance was announced as 1990 or something close, tbf from looking at pictures it looked about right? They got about another 1,000 away fans. In the aftermath I was surprised that more clubs don't try it, if you're only budgeting for 500 away fans for example, put an initiative out whereby every fan over a thousand has their gate receipt go back to the club. 

The away stand holds around 3300. There's a picture from that game that shows the stand about 4/5 full. 

5 minutes ago, The Toun Clock said:

That’s Nisbet officially went to Millwall for £2M + add ons.

Tbf its not official yet. Fairly sure similar "deals done" rumours were rife in January then he changed his mind.

2 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Tbf its not official yet. Fairly sure similar "deals done" rumours were rife in January then he changed his mind.

Nah, they said they'd accepted an offer (much like the news was a couple of weeks back) but it wasn't confirmed Nisbet had accepted terms. 

If the STV reports are accurate £2m plus add-ons that's a hell of a pay day. Obviously nothing to Raith but assume Partick will be due a small amount of cash for his development unless they were as daft as Raith.

Anyway...

Super League Money GIF by Anderson .Paak

3 minutes ago, DAFC. said:

Get a German-style fan-zone built behind the North East stand with that dosh! 

Would need to buy the land off the council sure it's theirs sadly. 

Might be able to afford Sky Sports in the lounges now 😅

45 minutes ago, 101 said:

If the STV reports are accurate £2m plus add-ons that's a hell of a pay day. Obviously nothing to Raith but assume Partick will be due a small amount of cash for his development unless they were as daft as Raith.

Anyway...

Super League Money GIF by Anderson .Paak

Not sure - remember Partick actually released him, he wasn’t sold/no compensation was due. So I’d be surprised if they’re now entitled to any?

4 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

Not sure - remember Partick actually released him, he wasn’t sold/no compensation was due. So I’d be surprised if they’re now entitled to any?

See on the Partick thread they are talking about compo so guess they would know best.

4 minutes ago, CallumPar said:

They'll get compensation for having come through there youth system regardless of whether they sold/released him I thought. 

3 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

They'll get compensation for having come through there youth system regardless of whether they sold/released him I thought. 

Fair enough. I honestly don’t know (or claim to know) the rules on compensation. Will be peanuts I’d imagine, but could go a long way to seeing them keep going as a football club!

3 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

This. 5% of any cross border fee is deducted up front and distributed to the clubs that youth developed a player from 12 to 21. You won't see any of that as he was already 21 when he joined you. You'll get whatever % of the sell on (most likely profit) was agreed with Hibs and that's it. As his main youth development club (I'm not sure where else he may have been before Thistle) then they'll get most of the 5%. I'd imagine somewhere between £50k and £100k.

If it's around 2 million and they bought him for about 300k, after taking off the development and everything else, Hibs will make a profit of around 1.5 million? If the 30% figure is correct that would be 450,000 which added to the 300,000 we got for him originally would mean a new transfer record received for us since its currently £600,000 for McNamara?

Scandalous. Thistle released him and still get a cut, should be us and the cabbage and that’s it 🤣.

How does these types of transfers work. So we’ve agreed a % with Hibs when Nisbet moved from us. The fee is undisclosed. Do legal teams from us and Hibs have to get in touch with each other so that we get sight of the official transfer documents, just to make sure he cost Millwall £2.5M and not £3.5M?

9 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

If it's around 2 million and they bought him for about 300k, after taking off the development and everything else, Hibs will make a profit of around 1.5 million? If the 30% figure is correct that would be 450,000 which added to the 300,000 we got for him originally would mean a new transfer record received for us since its currently £600,000 for McNamara?

Yeh will need a new one of these...

Screenshot_20230610-174651.jpg

42 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

This. 5% of any cross border fee is deducted up front and distributed to the clubs that youth developed a player from 12 to 21. You won't see any of that as he was already 21 when he joined you. You'll get whatever % of the sell on (most likely profit) was agreed with Hibs and that's it. As his main youth development club (I'm not sure where else he may have been before Thistle) then they'll get most of the 5%. I'd imagine somewhere between £50k and £100k.

Is it not up to the age of 23? Transfermarkt has Raith and Dunfermline both getting £10k each out of it.

IMG_4302.png

Just now, DA Baracus said:

Considering some of the players we've had over the years, that our record fee received is so low is crazy!

The one that sticks in folks craw from that time was that Raith sold McAnespie who was nowhere near as good for nearer a million. Andy Smith was linked with a move after his 20 odd goal season but we didn't sell and he ended up going to Kilmarnock for, what, 150k?