Lets All Laugh At Rangers Thread

Every team that has beaten The Rangers or drawn with them on the journey.

Team named and if they were playing Rangers home or away.

Season 2012/13

Division 3

Annan Athletic 1 win (A) and 1 draw (H)

Berwick Rangers 1 draw (H)

Elgin City 1 draw (A)

Montrose 1 draw (H) 1 draw (A)

Peterhead 1 win (A) and 1 draw (H)

Stirling Albion 1 win and 1 draw (H) (Stirling Alb unbeaten at home) 1 draw (A)

Scottish Cup

Dundee Utd 1 win (H)

Scottish League Cup

Inverness CT 1 win (A)

Scottish Challenge Cup

Queen of the South 1 draw (H) (QoS win on penalties)

Season 2013/14

League 1

Dunfermline Ath 1 draw (H)

Stenhousemuir 1 draw (A)

Stranraer 1 draw (A)

Scottish Cup

Dundee Utd 1 win (A) (Ibrox)

Scottish League Cup

Forfar Ath 1 win (H)

Scottish Challenge Cup

Raith Rovers 1 win (Neutral)

Season 2014/15

Championship

Alloa Ath 2 draws (A) 1 draw (H) (Unbeaten at Ibrox)

Cowdenbeath 1 draw (H)

Falkirk 1 draw (H)

Hearts 1 win (A) 1 win (H) Hearts unbeaten this season v Rangers

Hibernian 2 wins (A) 1 win (H) Hibernian unbeaten this season v Rangers

Livingston 1 draw (A)

Queen of the South 1 draw (A) 1 win (H)

Scottish Cup

Raith Rovers 1 win (A)

Scottish League Cup

Celtic 1 win (Neutral)

Scottish Challenge Cup

Alloa Ath 1 win (H)

Stirling Albion have only lost once to Rangers in 4 meetings

Rangers have only beaten Alloa Athletic twice in 5 meetings

Hibs have only lost once to Rangers in 4 meetings

Raith Rovers don't do losing to Rangers in cup matches

During this time 3 years lower league honours won that Rangers have competed in

Rangers - League 1 and 3rd Division titles

Queen of the South - Challenge Cup

Raith Rovers - Challenge Cup

Either Livingston or Alloa - Challenge Cup Final

Hearts - Championship (tbc)

Favourite Rangers winning match, but ultimately LOL - Scottish Cup 2012/13 - Forres Mechanics 0-1 Rangers

No surprise to see McCall's 'new manager' impact not being what they'd have hoped for down Govan way. With a clusterf&ck of a club and squad like they have McCall and his one dimensional approach and 'tactical' awareness was always going to go one way for them. I have to say I am looking forward to seeing McCall being nationally exposed as the managerial dud that he truly is.

I'm sure you'll be able to find lots of posts saying that McCall would come in and stroll it........

Rangers fans knew that he'd have a herculean effort on his hands trying to get the doontoolers to turn things around.

No surprise to see McCall's 'new manager' impact not being what they'd have hoped for down Govan way. With a clusterf&ck of a club and squad like they have McCall and his one dimensional approach and 'tactical' awareness was always going to go one way for them. I have to say I am looking forward to seeing McCall being nationally exposed as the managerial dud that he truly is.

I thought he had done quite well with yous? Is my memory playing tricks on me?

And despite this they would still beat us in a play off. :(

On the surface of things I can totally see why an opposition fan would think that McCall did a fantastic job with us and indeed his record in the league was very good, no one can seriously deny him that. However if you look a bit closer you see that there were many shortcomings in McCall's time as Motherwell manager and I view his period in charge - a time when Rangers went out the game, Hearts, Hibs and Aberdeen were at historically weak levels - as a massive missed opportunity for us to win a trophy, but we failed time and again in very winnable cup ties thanks to some baffling tactical decisions and poor preparation by McCall. He was a good guy for keeping us ticking over in the league over the course of a season during his first two full seasons but show him a big, pressure game and nine times out of ten he and the team fell short an let us down.

Another major criticism I had of McCall was that he had a fairly short sighted approach when it came to signings and bringing through youth players, something which is crucial to a club like Motherwell as we rely on developing young talent and selling it on. In summer 2013 McCall failed miserably to rebuild the squad and signed a batch of unimaginative dross such as Vigurs, Lawson, McManus and Nielsen and as such we were awful for large spells last season but carried enormous slices of luck throughout and amazingly managed to grab a 2nd placed finish. However this season, that luck deserted us and McCall was finally found out for the poor manager that many Motherwell fans always knew he was. The preparation for this season was nothing short of amateurish, including our pre-season jolly to Portugal which masqueraded as a team building exercise - the squad did manage to get in some much needed foot golf practice mind - whilst other clubs were preparing properly for the season, and then McCall in his wisdom handed out two year deals to three aging players. By the time he chucked it in November, we were languishing near the foot of the table with a squad devoid of confidence, fitness and direction and McCall left us in a far worse state than when he took over.

McCall seems to place a great emphasis on a content, happy squad, rather than a fit and disciplined one and if the locals down Ibrox think that this man is going to get them back to the top then they are in for an almighty shock.

And despite this they would still beat us in a play off. :(

Of course they would. That's just part and parcel of being a Motherwell fan these days, accepting that we do not beat teams called Rangers.

Park going to be left holding the Sev enfant terrible when insolvency hits. No money in the till, no credit line, no nomad, 300k a month going out to Chuckles Green, 250k to various gardeners, HMRC unpaid, Ashley taking all the merchandise, dilapidated stadium and the 500k a month on a squad that can't beat part time Alloa. It's not a matter of if but when Sevco go under.

attachicon.gif1426872698060.jpg

East Kilbride today.

As funny as this is, i do feel sorry for the poor b*****ds that are losing their jobs.

Ashley clearly doesn't give a f**k.

Got that going on here too. The shop isn't closing. It's flogging of the USC stuff.

But, as a marketing tool, puting up that type of signage fairly drives the footfall up.... B)