Lets All Laugh At Rangers Thread

I don't have any info on that interview but I'm happy to read it if you post a link.

My experience of dealing with accountants and auditors is that, while they may not know the intricate detail or be able to trace the life of an individual cheque, they have a good working idea of the company's financial position by the end of the first day.

Looking at an older article interviewing Patey, he seemed to be quite happy to give an opinion without ever actually seeing the books.

Was more interested in your couple of weeks for a forensic audit quote, i assumed that was your background and as a layman i was hoping that you'd have a fair idea of whats what.

Patey does seem to be the go to guy for the media. (i'll click on your link later)

Klaxon Jackson tweeted a week or so ago that he'd heard that a lot of the paperwork relating to the clubs various dealings was missing, who knows whats going on.

Sevco now cannot win the Championship. It's the first time for 30 years that another club has won a league title with either of the Old Firm in it.

Oh your joking man! Seriously thought we were still right in there too.

I think they are, but only as a result of their improvement this season and also because Celtic keep slipping up. Celtic just can't shake them off, its actually quite funny considering how most people thought this Premiership would be all done and dusted by the end of January back at the start of the season. Aberdeen have sort of had this situation put upon them rather than deliberately setting their sights at beating Celtic. Aberdeen just do their own thing just like we do, its no pressure other than to be better than last season.

I agree with your 2nd paragraph. Though I think Celtic will get stronger under RD over the next few seasons, they won't stand still and when you go up they will be sounding alarm bells all over the place, their supporters really do fear a strong Rangers and their players will have to have a lot more motivation. I don't think Rangers in the first couple of seasons will have as much pressure to succeed in beating Celtic as Celtic will have to stay ahead.

Yeah, Celtic really should be well clear of Aberdeen by now but as you say every time it seems they'll go on and open up a gap they slip up. Today they are 5 points clear with a game to spare though so that's probably it done and dusted.

Celtic will no doubt improve when Rangers are back up. They have to. If they continue their gradual decline then it may be sooner rather than later Rangers mount a proper challenge. This is either due to them stockpiling cash to spend when Rangers are in the Premiership or maybe Rangers not being around really does cost them £10m per season.

Sevco now cannot win the Championship. It's the first time for 30 years that another club has won a league title with either of the Old Firm in it.

The Champions League?

Guaranteed entry almost every year for decades yet an endless succession of early exits (three last 16's being Celtic's best to Rangers one) time after time.

My experience of dealing with accountants and auditors is that, while they may not know the intricate detail or be able to trace the life of an individual cheque, they have a good working idea of the company's financial position by the end of the first day.quote]

This is spot on. When Accountants are appointed as Administrators they can normally tell within 24-48 hours whether the business has a future, including which parts are worth saving and which parts are loss-making and need to cease trading immediately. That's why redundancy notices are often issued within a day or so of appointment.

N.B. Of course I'm talking about bona fide Administrators...not the Duff & Phelps variety

The Champions League?

Guaranteed entry almost every year for decades yet an endless succession of early exits (three last 16's being Celtic's best to Rangers one) time after time.

There's usually playoff's. But you're being a bit harsh anyway. Having guaranteed European football up until December is not really an "early exit".

Especially compared to the complete and utter failures from the other teams to even get past the qualifiers to get to the UEFA Cup/Europa League. They regularly go out in June, July, August and have done practically nothing for the Scottish coefficient.

So, despite Rangers and Celtic's failures in Europe. They were still able to keep the coefficient at a respectable level for a long time and even secured European football for other teams on the back of their victories.

And yet, not one Thank You. Ah well. :)

Say's the Hearts fan who hangs around on Rangers threads all day?.............

^^^says the guy that predicted Rangers would pull clear at the top of Championship in October.....or was it November?

Mind when you said Rangers would win the Championship by 15 points? LOL

^^^says the guy that predicted Rangers would pull clear at the top of Championship in October.....or was it November?

Mind when you said Rangers would win the Championship by 15 points? LOL

You mean me, a Rangers fan, made a post about Rangers on a Rangers thread?

As for my predictions, yes, I was spectacularly wrong about where Rangers would be in the league. And I've since said many times what a disgrace the team have been for making an absolute pigs ear of it. Do I regret making those predictions? Of course not. I stand by them and believe that's what should have happened. Don't blame me, blame Rangers. :)

As for my predictions, yes, I was spectacularly wrong about where Rangers would be in the league. And I've since said many times what a disgrace the team have been for making an absolute pigs ear of it. Do I regret making those predictions? Of course not. I stand by them and believe that's what should have happened. Don't blame me, blame Rangers. :)

GIRFUY :D

More revisionist pish it doesn't matter what you did then, where is the money coming from and you had a well established set up thats not now. Feck lets ignore whether you have the money to cover the wages and tax bill for the month when you can contemplate running out to the CL music, no wonder you're a laughing stock.

Let's get things clear its appears Rangers have been shafted. My point is Rangers were an exceptable 14m in debt less all its assets. Walter Smith won 6 trophies out of 8! Things were looking very good. Then allegedly Mr Whyte did not pay £9m to Hmrc. It could and has happened to any club. That's why one person must not own a club.

Don't ever change. Ya banger :)

lol wut

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Let's get things clear its appears Rangers have been shafted. My point is Rangers were an exceptable 14m in debt less all its assets. Walter Smith won 6 trophies out of 8! Things were looking very good. Then allegedly Mr Whyte did not pay £9m to Hmrc. It could and has happened to any club. That's why one person must not own a club.

No thats what you were showing as a loss but by that time the bank was holding assets and you had utilised the tax scheme. Right so this amazing business was with all these positives sold for how much was it ? A £, its another myth and the delisting at the AIM will be another encounter with creative accountancy. At least if you stayed on the AIM King or AN Other might have someone looking over their shoulder.

One dubious owner, but your clubs collects them like pokemon trading cards warned about Minty and his dodgy schemes not to similar to what Ashley did but Sir David of Mint was a pur Rangurs Man, then Whyte with his untold wealth, so you think while everyone else was telling you to air on the side of caution, only Rangurz Men were taken in. Then Chucky, not as if there wasn't the same warnings from supporters in Sheffield, ok different club this time, but the same dupes , creamed off another £70 million from the eternal gullible, when the cupboard was bare invited Ashley. Now its almost back to the start with King grabbing the club for cheap with promises of great things.

Even after the Cardigans run in Europe and the Cup runs you still made a loss, so if you made a loss then what would you have needed to do to break even. Now the new version 3 years well almost 3 and have spent what ? how much are you losing a month ? if the SPL was that profitable you wouldn't keep bleating about join the EPL along with the other cheek.

As for owning the club and if you want fan power that won't be given by DK, your best hope is remaining in the AIM as there he will be scrutinised exactly what he's doing to the club.

Ah, this rubbish.

Rangers folded thanks to the ludicrous, ego driven overspending of the Murray era.

Without it, there would have been no need or desire to pursue the dishonest and morally despicable EBT scheme. Regardless, of a subsequent finding regarding its legality, it was the scheme's stench that made Murray so eager to ditch the club and any vaguely reputable types so reluctant to go anywhere near it. That's what brought Whyte aboard.

I think it's absolutely beautiful that despite the Big Tax Case verdict, it's the EBTs that got them.

It absolutely and unequivocally could not have happened to any club, because most others would not have let Whyte anywhere close.