Depression

Definitely speak to your doctor about this ASAP in as far as how it is affecting you/making you feel.

I was "lucky" that we had the same doctor and had several joint appointments, which helped with me dealing with the aftermath of my wife's suicide. Other than that I agree with Mrs M.

Feel free to pm me if you wan to talk about it

I've had an ok year but things have went wrong the last few weeks which has made christmas very hard. Normally drink and go out loads at Christmas but this just makes it worse, back to work tomorrow which I'm not too upset about as hopefully it'll get me back in a routine although my jobs quite boring and I sometimes have a lot of negative thoughts whilst bored. If I feel the same way in new year I'm going to go to doctors but sceptical as to how much this can help as a large part of this is to do with a (bad) relationship unravelling. Don't seem to enjoy any of my old hobbies these days, Xbox, football even going out drinking, everything just seems an anti climax.

My older brother recently split up with his girlfriend because he was convinced she was cheating on him with a friend, and has had to move back in with my parents. Saw them over the holidays when I went back to visit, and there's something really off with him. Think he's suffering from mania / hypomania - Mum suggested in private to me that's what she thought he had, and when I looked it up a lot of the symptoms certainly fit the bill.

Worried about him but don't really know what, if anything, I can do to help.

Had pretty much the worst Christmas. Really questioning everything now

Hey, this is the worst time of the year for people with depression, but bear in mind it is an illness and like almost all illnesses I can be beaten.

The good news is you are talking about it which is the vital first step in dealing with it.

Its a new day a new year and a new you get out there and get help for it , there are people waiting to help.

Had pretty much the worst Christmas. Really questioning everything now

Chin up mate, the years gone by, look at it that way, you have a year to do what you want when you want. Leave everything bad in 2014