Depression

Had been feeling alot better for the past 4 weeks or so, namely due to getting certain baggage out of my life(my ex and the primary cause of my problems) so I decided to go back to work, I expected it to be difficult, namely cause I work with her but since I've been feeling much more like myself I wanted to try and get my life back on track. It went disastrously, that's a understatement actually. While I don't really like to discuss it on a open forum, a few members on here know I had problems with self harm, glad to say I'd been clean for over 2 months but due to the stress of bring back, the work, feeling like I was being watched, seeing her and other people, i ended up in the hallway of my work driving a drawing pin into my arm repeatedly. I've been told by my work and doctor that I need more time off. I'm not happy about it but I'll listen to thier advice.

Had been feeling alot better for the past 4 weeks or so, namely due to getting certain baggage out of my life(my ex and the primary cause of my problems) so I decided to go back to work, I expected it to be difficult, namely cause I work with her but since I've been feeling much more like myself I wanted to try and get my life back on track. It went disastrously, that's a understatement actually. While I don't really like to discuss it on a open forum, a few members on here know I had problems with self harm, glad to say I'd been clean for over 2 months but due to the stress of bring back, the work, feeling like I was being watched, seeing her and other people, i ended up in the hallway of my work driving a drawing pin into my arm repeatedly. I've been told by my work and doctor that I need more time off. I'm not happy about it but I'll listen to thier advice.

Have you tried sticking a drawing pin in her?

The very reason I don't bother posting on here. Thanks

May be easy for me to say but try and not take notice of some of the flippant comments on here. If you fancy a chat, then drop me a private message. More than willing to lend a listening ear.

I know its a serious discussion but surely you can see that hes clearly only joking on the subject mate. I wouldnt take the comment to heart

I know its a serious discussion but surely you can see that hes clearly only joking on the subject mate. I wouldnt take the comment to heart

He's a vile little b*****d, coming down from his high horse to mock people who already don't feel comfortable discussing a illness that has greatly affected thier life, I'm sure he's the type of person who would laugh at a person who was losing thier hair due to Chemotherapy.

Edited by EdgarusQPFC

He's a vile little b*****d, coming down from his high horse to mock people who already don't feel comfortable discussing a illness that has greatly affected thier life, I'm sure he's the type of person who would laugh at a person who was losing thier hair due to Chemotherapy.

Ive seen nothing from the Sarge that would back that up unless theres is posts from him which ive missed? Hopefully his comment wont make you stop posting in here mate. Perhaps he doesnt realise the impact his words have on others and i would hope that if hes does, he would be happy to apologise?

I've had chemotherapy. I asked the doctor if he had something to keep my hair in?

He gave me a shoebox.

Edited by Sergeant Wilson

I've had chemotherapy. I asked the doctor if he had something to keep my hair in?

He gave me a shoebox.

I like your wit as much as the next man Sarge. But the 'Tommy Cooper-esque' quips aren't really helping these lads who want actual help/advice etc

It's pretty fucking condescending tbh.

Edited by Slenderman

He gave me a shoebox.

Best just to bite your tongue and stay away from this thread. Have a bit of compassion for f**k's sake.

I'm a fellow self harmer. Haven't done in 15months now. Totally get how it feels to need to release the emotional pain you feel by hurting self.

Drop me a pm any time.

Right, need to get this off my chest. My moods aren't the greatest just now, and I think it's due to the social aspects of my life. While I'm enjoying married life, I'm beginning to wonder if moving away from home was such a good idea, I still keep in touch with most of my old friends, but I never get the chance to have a pint in the pub with them, and when I see their photos and status updates on facebook, I always feel a bit shite that I'm not there with them, and for some reason I always end up feeling quite down about it. Don't get me wrong, I've made a good few friends over here (East lothian) but I've not got the circle of friends that I had back in fife. I don't want to pester folk into going for a few pints or try to fit into cliques, but it's starting to affect my moods, as i said.

Right, need to get this off my chest. My moods aren't the greatest just now, and I think it's due to the social aspects of my life. While I'm enjoying married life, I'm beginning to wonder if moving away from home was such a good idea, I still keep in touch with most of my old friends, but I never get the chance to have a pint in the pub with them, and when I see their photos and status updates on facebook, I always feel a bit shite that I'm not there with them, and for some reason I always end up feeling quite down about it. Don't get me wrong, I've made a good few friends over here (East lothian) but I've not got the circle of friends that I had back in fife. I don't want to pester folk into going for a few pints or try to fit into cliques, but it's starting to affect my moods, as i said.

There's folk on here who are clinically depressed or have severe mental issues and your moaning about not being able to have a pint with your mates?

Have you moved to the other side of the world?

Shut up. Things can affect folk in different ways, if someone else had written it I wouldn't make an issue about it. One of my closest friends is going through a hard time and I feel crap that I'm not just down the road from him, he never seems to answer anyone's calls either which is a concern at times.

Shut up. Things can affect folk in different ways, if someone else had written it I wouldn't make an issue about it. One of my closest friends is going through a hard time and I feel crap that I'm not just down the road from him, he never seems to answer anyone's calls either which is a concern at times.

Stick it on PTTGOYN then, it's not depression ffs.

Ach, sorry for rambling on folks. Been bottling this up for a bit my wife is struggling with various health issues (nothing serious, thankfully) that the GP's can't get to the bottom of, she's not coping too well, and neither am I. I feel useless at times, simply because I don't know how to deal with things and I always end up saying the wrong things. Has anyone else been in the same situation?? If so, how do you address the issues and problems??