Depression

Aye, starting to think this needs shutting down now in case anyone decides to share their problems with other posters in the future and gets a nasty shock.

Perhaps someone can suggest a forum specifically for depression sufferers to migrate to. I presume most will banhammer the inevitable P&B regulars when they turn up to point and laugh.

Aye, starting to think this needs shutting down now in case anyone decides to share their problems with other posters in the future and gets a nasty shock.

Perhaps someone can suggest a forum specifically for depression sufferers to migrate to. I presume most will banhammer the inevitable P&B regulars when they turn up to point and laugh.

There's no pointing and laughing, you're making that up.

In fairness some people took exception to some wee baw heid saying how 'depressed' he was in Turkey whilst looking for a night out in Dundee. Sounds legit at the bottom of the barrell eh?

Apart from that this thread serves a great purpose for people and I find it an interesting read but the over reaction from the bed wetters on this thread has ruined it not the ladz pulling up the afore mentioned baw heid.

Sergeant Wilsons posts to me are the equivalent of Nelson on the Simpsons giving it HAHA!

There's nothing really deeply sinister and evil behind them it's just quick witted responses and not intended to hurt anyone too much IMO.

Sometimes it's good to make light of dark or troubling situations. I know I can get obsessive and looking to find answers to things that have happened to me and reacted badly to light hearted banter. You can ignore posters quite easily btw.

I have been the "target" of some of the Sarge's barbs, and on occasion they are on point, sometimes they are just needlessly hurtful. I suspect I could have a pint with him and not want to kill him after.

Tbf I remember Sergeant Wilson telling someone to stick pins in their arms on this thread once because that's just the edgy banterer that he is.

Except I didn't. EdgarusQPFC was self harming because of woman trouble, by sticking pins in his hand. I suggested he stick a pin in her.

I have been the "target" of some of the Sarge's barbs, and on occasion they are on point, sometimes they are just needlessly hurtful. I suspect I could have a pint with him and not want to kill him after.

You're in a minority of one then.

His attitude towards you is primarily what set me off. He seems like he'd like you to lie down in a gutter and accept that you're useless. His glee in that, and the fact that he personally couldn't care less, makes it worse.

Anyway, by the by now. Probably better to give him what he wants and use another outlet for your thoughts on the matter, if you don't already.

His attitude towards you is primarily what set me off. He seems like he'd like you to lie down in a gutter and accept that you're useless. His glee in that, and the fact that he personally couldn't care less, makes it worse.

Maybe it's you needs to stay off this thread if that's the level of projection and wild speculation it engenders in you.

Maybe it's you needs to stay off this thread if that's the level of projection and wild speculation it engenders in you.

I suggest you read his posts. No need for projection or speculation.

Agree with the first part, though.

Anyway, by the by now. Probably better to give him what he wants and use another outlet for your thoughts on the matter, if you don't already.

I think I said, don't take on work or more work while you seem to be ill.

I think maybe you should have a wee think about seeing someone.

I assumed Sarge was a MH professional. I just thought his quips, as crass as they may seem, were just a way of "helping" others see the bigger picture.

Obviously it can go over your head and be counter-productive when you're a bit super-charged emotionally.

I enjoy them though. Top bants.

I've posted a few times in this thread. I also make jokes about mental health and I can take Sarg and Phoenix with a pinch of salt. They've been posting her as long as I have so know their pair crabbit old buggers!

I have significant mental health issues but do believe that if they aren't talked about in many forums (I mean in life not internet type forums) then stigma will continue.

The young lad in here seems to be going through fairly normal teenage young adult angst. It's not an easy time in life.

I'm also the first to make jokes about my own mental health as sometimes humour is a good way to cope.