Depression

Had a shit week, struggling to cope at work just now, had basically no sleep last night, and 2 panic attacks. This morning topped it off though. Decided to take the wife to her work, then head to my work to try and just get on with things, but for some reason i ignored a red light at a crossing, and missed An old guy and his dog by about a foot. Pulled over, burst into tears and headed home. Just waiting on a doctor phoning me so I can get things off my chest a bit.

Why is it mentally ill people take to the roads to cause problems? They either walk in front of cars or run people over. They should have a road to themselves.

If you're feeling depressed, ask a happy person for a jobby and squirt it up your arse with one of these babies:

_75003673_469165127.jpg

Guaranteed to cheer you up in no time, maybe.. http://www.irishtimes.com/news/science/faecal-transplants-may-help-treat-clinical-depression-1.2281161

What goes through you fucking mind?

Following on from my earlier musings, that's me Been signed off for a week. The wife is taking care of household duties, but now I've not a clue about how to keep myself and my mind active.

This too shall pass.

Exercise until you can't any more.

Went to the gym, had a steam room session and a jacuzzi as well, helped me a bit. Going to use my time this week to do some job hunting as well.

Been on Mirtazapine for a couple of months or so now and it seems to have (eventually) worked very well, although whether this is largely due to a positive change in circumstances remains a possible factor.

However, over the past fortnight or so I've suddenly been having abnormally weird, random vivid dreams every single night and massive food cravings, particularly for sugary stuff (e.g. no interest for the usual sandwich at lunch time, just crisps, Jaffa cakes etc). I've put on half a stone and I've been trying to reverse the trend by 'dieting' but it's failing miserably. Despite the knowledge that it's bad, I suddenly have zero willpower and the considerable Haribo etc stash that's been sitting at the back of the kitchen cupboards (probably since Christmas) has suddenly been demolished. The crates of fizzy drink that I bought a while back whilst at Costco to 'last a while'? Gone.

Quick Google search shows these to be common side effects of the tablets. Anybody else here have the same issue? Even writing this I'm considering going to make myself a cup of tea (in which I usually have a couple of sugars)... which is usually a serious rarity!

Edited by Hedgecutter

If you're feeling depressed, ask a happy person for a jobby and squirt it up your arse with one of these babies:

_75003673_469165127.jpg

Guaranteed to cheer you up in no time, maybe.. Faecal transplants may help treat clinical depression.

"The rats’ microbiota was cleared using antibiotics and then a faecal transplant was given from a human donor with clinical depression.

The otherwise healthy rats began to show sings of depression, experiencing anxiety, weight loss and fatigue, much like human sufferers of the condition."

No wonder - they've just had alien shite squirted up them.

In times to come, will we end up with a jobby transfusion service?

Went to the doctors today. Got prescribed some pills (Fluoxetine).

They're not suppositories but they can go up my fucking arse as far as I'm concerned. Really not keen on taking pills at all.

I'm pretty worn out. Going to ask my work for next week off (got nothing on and have plenty of holidays to take. Going to hand in my notice if they say no.

If the usual P&B fandans want to take the piss then go ahead. I'm pretty low anyway just now

They're not suppositories but they can go up my fucking arse as far as I'm concerned. Really not keen on taking pills at all.

I'm pretty worn out. Going to ask my work for next week off (got nothing on and have plenty of holidays to take. Going to hand in my notice if they say no.

If the usual P&B fandans want to take the piss then go ahead. I'm pretty low anyway just now

I know a few folk who take them and they can be pretty tough at first (seem to make people much worse initially) but they do get people back on an even keel so worth persisting with them if you can get through the first couple of weeks.

I'm on them DA and feel they help me.

I notice it more if I forget to take it and can see my mood slipping.

It's not forever mate and they will help you.

Have you tried just getting outside for a walk or some fresh air? Sorry if this sounds like I'm being over simplistic but it does genuinely work to physically get away from the area or place causing you harm.

I've hated a few jobs over the years and I found the act of just going outside the building for a few minutes worked wonders. You aren't getting paid for lunch so to me it's your time. Also after a holiday coming back feels awful.

Chin up mate. I'm due to go back to my work on Monday, can't really afford to take another week off, I've got an interview on Friday for another job, so hopefully I'll be handing my notice in when I go back on Monday. I don't feel a fraud for job hunting while I'm signed off, at the end of the day I need to think about myself.