Sons' sorrow

Bit surprised that Prunty has signed. I expected him to maybe look for more regular playing time elsewhere. The guy clearly loves the club, and I have a lot of respect for what he's given us, but based on his more recent performances I'm not sure whether he offers much anymore.

Bit surprised that Prunty has signed. I expected him to maybe look for more regular playing time elsewhere. The guy clearly loves the club, and I have a lot of respect for what he's given us, but based on his more recent performances I'm not sure whether he offers much anymore.

I think he's a decent option to have on the bench, late on in a game.

Prunty's a great squad player to have. Just because he doesn't feature maybe as much as he did couple of season ago - off the field I believe he's influential in terms of helping some of the younger guys out. Helps also that he seems very passionate abt the club.

I also expected Prunty to leave so pleasantly surprised to see him sign up.

I don't feel he offers us all that much playing wise anymore but he's certainly a handy guy to have on the bench.

As Moonster mentioned his experience will help in the dressing room.

He seems genuinely passionate about the club which in turn means I fuckin love the guy.

I agree that he certainly offers a lot off the pitch and is a good guy to have around. By no means disappointed to see him stay.

On another note, delighted to see Gils stay. Still can't believe people wanted us to release him.

Edited by FifeSons

I agree that he certainly offers a lot off the pitch and is a good guy to have around. By no means disappointed to see him stay.

On another note, delighted to see Gils stay. Still can't believe people wanted us to release him.

Agreed. For me Gilhaney has arguably been one of our most consistent performers for a couple of years now. He's never going to skin 5 players and rifle the hall into the top corner but we look always seem weaker (particularly defensively) when he's not playing.

People see him on the wing and think his role should be nothing but beating players and putting in crosses. In the modern game a wide player is expected to do much more for the team and Gils is a very solid team player. Delighted to have him signed up again.

Prunty to come on as a sub when we play Sevco (assuming they are still around) and score a superb overhead kick to win the game for us. I am sure he will do more in the background - perhaps with a view to coaching. Happy that him and Gils have signed up. Hopefully more of the squad will do so.

I was initially underwhelmed by the four signings but having read other posters' thoughts I'm coming round.

However, I'd be much happier if the likes of McGinn, Linton, Miller and Megginson had resigned. Would also like news on Chris Kane or some new players.

Undoubtedly, Murray will be waiting to see who moves on, who is released from Premiership teams and how the playoffs resolve themselves.

I was initially underwhelmed by the four signings but having read other posters' thoughts I'm coming round.

However, I'd be much happier if the likes of McGinn, Linton, Miller and Megginson had resigned. Would also like news on Chris Kane or some new players.

Undoubtedly, Murray will be waiting to see who moves on, who is released from Premiership teams and how the playoffs resolve themselves.

Patience. Softly softly catchy monkey.

Delighted to have some signing news to talk about. It is great that we are holding on to the younger guys and I hope young Ally signs up in the coming days also as he looks like he could be a great wee player.

Gils signing speaks for itself really. He has really settled at Dumbarton having had a bit of a stop start career beforehand (due to injuries and what not). He contributes a lot to the team and when he is playing well, the team play so much better. He has his off days - but who doesn't??

I am very happy to see Prunty sign up. He offers a lot In terms of experience around the whole dressing room etc. But I also think that he is always good for 5/10 goals a season. Something which is very valuable. Especially when your top scorer is only scoring 5 or so more than that. He also has to keep up his overhead kick record!

I will be surprised if both McGinn and Megginson re-sign, but would love to be proved wrong. Also, not sure if anyone picked up on this but, Murray mentioned that we may have to wait on what happens in the play-offs before we see more signings (presumably a few of the teams involved are after some of our players). If we get Linton, Graham, Nish and Agnew to re-sign in the next few days that would be fantastic.

Edited by FifeSons