Sons' sorrow

Wullie Gibson's free kick v Hibs wasn't too shabby.

I agree with the post above about Albert Craig's goal to equalise against Clyde and send us to the Premier was my most memorable one though perhaps not the best. The half time score was, I think 2-0 to Clyde. At 1-2 the Clyde fans were singing 'It's my party and I'll cry if I want to' just as Albert's shot hit the net at the Turnberry End.

Even having been a veteran of the 71-72 second division championship win, Boghead v Arbroath and Forthbank in the 90s, QP at the Rock in 2002 and Annan then Airdrie, I don't think any of them matched the feeling of getting to the Premier.

Big Roy's xmas goal was definitely the best but Peter colemans goal against Celtic in a three all draw at park head was brilliant. He hit the ball from the bye line and it soared above Denis connachans outstretched hands into the roof of the net. Brian herons free kick from 150 metres against Kilmarnock was also great. More recently Tony's wallaces goal against airdrie in the play offs was a joy to watch.

Not the best goal I've seen (it was good but not as good as others mentioned) but my most celebrated goal was David McNaught's against Morton down the Rock.  He cut inside big Greacen and sailed a lovely finish into the top right hand corner to take the game into extra time.  IIRC, he also got Greacen sent off that night with a lovely bit of play (and we still ended up losing).  I'd spent all of my school years as Nuggs' mate and watching him rip one in for the Sons was surreal.

John McQuade curled a left foot shot from the corner of the penalty area against St. Mirren around 1993.

The second goal in our promotion game at Forthbank had six touches from our box to the back of the net without really being played long. It was just a really good breakaway before Charlie Gibson stuck it away to start the party!

Not the best goal I've seen (it was good but not as good as others mentioned) but my most celebrated goal was David McNaught's against Morton down the Rock. He cut inside big Greacen and sailed a lovely finish into the top right hand corner to take the game into extra time. IIRC, he also got Greacen sent off that night with a lovely bit of play (and we still ended up losing). I'd spent all of my school years as Nuggs' mate and watching him rip one in for the Sons was surreal.

Completely forgot about this.

Watching one of your good mates and ex team mates produce something like that was fucking magical. A nicer guy you could not meet and I always felt that was his downfall on the park but that night he was like a different beast.

Genuinely felt like winching him after that goal.

Roy McCormack Christmas Day 1971 at Love Street.

This. Absolutely no contest; this.

Think Jamie Vardy's goal against Liverpool - only from much further out, both in terms of distance and angle. Stunning. The filling in a three game in a row sandwich of belters from the big man.

Not quite up there:-

Lee Sharp's at Livi. Jumbo Muir's better-than-George-Weah effort at Shawfield. John McQuade's finish to the passing move from a kick-off after Cowden's equaliser; not one Cowden player touched the ball until it was planted in the net about a minute later.

Edited by rockson

Fine selection already listed but feel obliged to add some memorable, if not spectacular, goals:-

Carcary v Peterhead (A)

Del goes on one of his runs late into the game, Bobby Mann just seems to fall over, and lets him through to score. Lost count how many times I watched him falling over. Pure entertainment ! Just before he got revenge with his punt from Halfway ?

Jim McGinlay v Clydebank (A) (Stirlingshire Cup Final)

Gave the Bankies a 3-0 start. John McQuade decided to start playing and helped Jim McGinley to a hat-trick. Watching Jim Hughes dancing around in front of Bankies Fans with the Stirlingshire Cup topped off a quality evening.

Jim Meechan v Ayr United (A)

Henry Smith duffs a clearance straight to Jim Meechan who, from is just inside Ayr half, neatly lobs the ball straight back over his head. Can still picture that look of sheer desperation on Henry's face. Might have had something to do with Shug Ward doing exactly the same on the previous visit to Somerset Park.

Finally one for Boghead Ranter

Stevie Gow v St Mirren (H)

Knee from 1 Yard. 3-3. Nothing more to be said ! 

This wasn't a bad one mind you - hauled from the archives. I can't remember the opposition but I think it was East Fife. Not a bad goal for a centre half!

That was a cracker, really nice guy too. I recall a bullet diving header from Graeme Sharp, off an Ally Brown cross, at Annfield and a perfect route1 goal by Owen Coyle vs Clyde at Firhill - goalie kick out, Gerry McCoy header and Coyle volley without the ball touching the ground. Hoof's own half free kick v Arbroath wasn't a thing of beauty but the elation of the crowd was unreal

We've got Rangers at Ibrox this coming Tuesday night don't we? Have the tickets been on sale yet?

I might already have them, but it seems like ages since the last home game, and I can't remember buying them off the top of my head.

We've got Rangers at Ibrox this coming Tuesday night don't we? Have the tickets been on sale yet?

I might already have them, but it seems like ages since the last home game, and I can't remember buying them off the top of my head.

Beat me to it, I was wondering about this too. Maybe they're still waiting on the tickets arriving from Ibrox.

Paul ronalds goal against morton at ours; took a throw in on his chest and volleyed over the goalie from distance.

If kirky has left mid season on an "emergency loan", he wouldnt play for us again anyway. Either through his choice, stevies or both.

Anyhoo jamie lindsay for ypoty and then who? For discussion, i'm between jazza, frazer, jono and jamie.

Will be lots of opinions re poy

Surely jazz a cant win having played only about 6 games??

I'm struggling for someone who has made a major contribution over whole season without some blips thrown in. That's the season it's been