NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

It's a bit odd juxtaposed against the AFC where there are pretty much 7 playoff worthy teams and a load of guff aside from that. Chargers might still push the Dolphins or North runner-up close for a WC but I can't see it because they look every bit a .500 team at best again. NFC is more of a story of two or three outstanding records then a whole sea of much of a muchness mediocrity behind them.

7 hours ago, peasy23 said:

49ers have released Tevin Coleman. Seems to be to make space for Jason Verrett who needs to be reactivated from PUP by tomorrow if he is to play at all this season.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Coleman end up with the Jets.

12 hours ago, Boo Khaki said:

It's a bit odd juxtaposed against the AFC where there are pretty much 7 playoff worthy teams and a load of guff aside from that. Chargers might still push the Dolphins or North runner-up close for a WC but I can't see it because they look every bit a .500 team at best again. NFC is more of a story of two or three outstanding records then a whole sea of much of a muchness mediocrity behind them.

Not that convinced by the Vikings either. Offence is good, but their Defence is crap.

And there's always the potential for a Kirk Cousins meltdown. 

1 minute ago, lichtie23 said:

Bears trade Robert Quinn to the Eagles

Not happy with that as a Giants fan 

4th Round Pick. Guessing they're also taking on all his salary.

Tbh, not like we're playoff contenders realistically. So doesn't hurt too much. Particularly with Dominique Robinson looking superb so far 

Very late in posting this but I was at Gillette for the Lions game on the 9th of this month and saw a resounding victory thanks to the Pats’ third choice QB on his first NFL start.

The charter train from Boston now gets you to the stadium 90 minutes before kickoff which means there’s no rush at all when you get there (missed kickoff before because of the previous departure time), and they rolled out the retro logo and kit for the day which was brilliant

FECC44F2-7A39-4DB1-9657-72FA4E3D6368.jpeg

Russell Wilson could march up and down the aisle of the aircraft for eight hours whistling the Moldovan national anthem and juggling the minature packets of peanuts while wearing a Morton shirt for all I care - if he was performing as a semi-decent quarterback each Sunday.

On the subject of Wilson, which NFL players do you hate for no good/obvious reason?

Good reasons would be;

1) They’re really good and always winning (Brady)

2) They’re anti vax/conspiracy theory weirdos (Rodgers/Beasley)

3) They’re complete scumbags (Burfict/Hernandez/a million others)

4 They play for your rivals.

I’ll start with Mike Gesiki. It’s a stupid name and it irritates me. He’s one of those guys who’ll be a quiz question in a few years, “after Kelce, Kittle, Waller… which TE had the most TD’s in the 2020s?”

You’ll not get the answer but when it’s said you’ll remember who he is, not good enough to be memorable, not bad enough to be who the f**k was that guy.