NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

1 minute ago, lichtie23 said:

Happy that Young away? 

Yes, but only as he wasn't re-signing here.  And due to the CBA we wouldn't get a Compensationary Pick as we didn't take up his 5th year.

5 picks in first 3 rounds and $90m in cap space this offseason.  New GM will have a lot to work with.

4 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Vikings have traded for Joshua Dobbs from the Cardinals. His 3rd team in about 3 months

Good grief there must have been a better option than that? He's been bloody awful on the few occassions I've seen him play.

1 hour ago, Swarley said:

Good grief there must have been a better option than that? He's been bloody awful on the few occassions I've seen him play.

He was decent filling in for the TItans at the end of last year. I think he has plenty talent, he's just never been settled enough in a good enough situation where he's been able to consistently show it.

There was a bit of chatter about the Vikes going after Kyler Murray or more realistically Jameis Winston, but I think that would have been silly given the situation. It's an open secret they want to move on from Cousins, so I really see no point at all in tying themselves to yet another "decent, but not top tier" QB who will never get them over the hump when they are already moving on from a guy who performs probably about the best of all the non-elite bracket of QB's.

On the face of it, they probably could still chase a WC with decent production at QB, but to get anyone of any real ability it would cost draft capital and yet again tie them into a situation they are already trying to get out of. Having someone like Tannehill, Winston, or even Murray QB that team would just keep them in the territory of too competitive to ever be able to land a top draftee without expending capital to trade up, and while they were likely going to have to do that anyway, at least with Cousins gone they wouldn't have to do that while still paying starter money to another QB.

Seems silly to give up half way through a season, but even with Cousins healthy they are a WC at best and they aren't getting out of the NFC playoffs without home field, so being realistic the KC injury is neither here nor there. There wouldn't be any real point in going after another marginal starting calibre QB in a trade just to scrape a WC and get pumped anyway.

7 hours ago, lichtie23 said:

Vikings have traded for Joshua Dobbs from the Cardinals. His 3rd team in about 3 months

Wonder what happens now with Kyler Murray. Lot of talk that the Cardinals were happy to let him sit the whole season as they could be hit with having to cough up his entire contract should he get injured again. He's still listed as doubtful for the weekend despite supposedly being fully fit.