NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

Does anyone have a clue what ‘mode’ Denver are in? Tank mode? Re-build mode? Dysfunctional mode? Players not giving a fcuk mode? Head coach is an irritating perma-angry walloper mode? 

Ach well, had a right few laughs at Wembley last week as I racked up following tbe 70 point Dolphins debacle wearing my Broncos baseball cap, bright orange custom ‘Wembley 10’ jersey, and took it on the chin… genuinely had a few good laughs with fans of less shite teams all weekend long. 😀

10 hours ago, pozbaird said:

Does anyone have a clue what ‘mode’ Denver are in? Tank mode? Re-build mode? Dysfunctional mode? Players not giving a fcuk mode? Head coach is an irritating perma-angry walloper mode? 

Ach well, had a right few laughs at Wembley last week as I racked up following tbe 70 point Dolphins debacle wearing my Broncos baseball cap, bright orange custom ‘Wembley 10’ jersey, and took it on the chin… genuinely had a few good laughs with fans of less shite teams all weekend long. 😀

we are in a sack Vance Joseph again mode.... failed HC and a pretty bang average DC.

Why we let Evero walk away is beyond me, he might not have been happy with the way Hackett was treated but he would have still done his job. 

With the way the offence was playing last year the defence did great to keep us in games, the drop off is spectacular. Last years defence with this years offence we'd be middle of the pack and decent to watch.

I get a warm feeling inside looking at the evaluations of Dak Prescott for the Cowgirls on Sunday. He’s like a new coming of Tony Romo, pretty decent, but not good enough…a genuinely nice guy, and a great “leader” off the field, but just average on the pitch…and the Cowgirls are hitched up to his waggon with no way out. Couldn’t happen to a nicer team and owner, Jerry’s last chance for a Super Bowl of his “own” may just have snapped shut.

20 hours ago, pozbaird said:

All of the above?

I think Payton’s ego is too big to tank because he’s such a sore loser, but it certainly looks like that might be what the Broncos are trying to do right now, given the Gregory trade and rumours of all the other players on the block.

4 hours ago, TxRover said:

I get a warm feeling inside looking at the evaluations of Dak Prescott for the Cowgirls on Sunday. He’s like a new coming of Tony Romo, pretty decent, but not good enough…a genuinely nice guy, and a great “leader” off the field, but just average on the pitch…and the Cowgirls are hitched up to his waggon with no way out. Couldn’t happen to a nicer team and owner, Jerry’s last chance for a Super Bowl of his “own” may just have snapped shut.

Aye, Cowboys. Pfffft… wagon hitched to a QB with no way out. Haaa. Wouldn’t want to support a team who…. Erm. 😀

DeMeco Ryans has added a couple of former 49ers to the Texans practice squad. Kerry Hyder Jnr was very unfortunate imo to be the guy who was cut to make space for Randy Gregory, while Jason Verrett returns after a full year out with an Achilles injury.

1 hour ago, peasy23 said:

DeMeco Ryans has added a couple of former 49ers to the Texans practice squad. Kerry Hyder Jnr was very unfortunate imo to be the guy who was cut to make space for Randy Gregory, while Jason Verrett returns after a full year out with an Achilles injury.

Early in the season but Demeco is doing a cracking job. 

Jason Verrett still hanging around eh? He'll be on IR by week 7. Guy has missed something like 100 of 160 career games. God knows why he didn't retire years ago.

Edit - just checked. Possible 135 career games since being drafted, Verrett has played in just 40 😮

Edited by Boo Khaki

1 hour ago, Boo Khaki said:

Jason Verrett still hanging around eh? He'll be on IR by week 7. Guy has missed something like 100 of 160 career games. God knows why he didn't retire years ago.

Edit - just checked. Possible 135 career games since being drafted, Verrett has played in just 40 😮

Great player when fit, but as you say his injury record is awful.