NFL General Discussion

Mr. Brightside

As a Saints fan I can't believe Brees misjudged the room so badly as he has. I can't say I'm surprised to be honest he has made some questionable statements/endorsements previously around homosexuality and religion can't say I'm surprised he sided with the flag! I guess it must be hard to judge white privilege in your million dollar home cashing your 20m dollar a year pay cheque! Dick! 

It will be an interesting locker room when everyone shows up for training camp! 

As a Saints fan I can't believe Brees misjudged the room so badly as he has. I can't say I'm surprised to be honest he has made some questionable statements/endorsements previously around homosexuality and religion can't say I'm surprised he sided with the flag! I guess it must be hard to judge white privilege in your million dollar home cashing your 20m dollar a year pay cheque! Dick! 
Here's what Saints safety Malcolm Jenkins had to say...

3 hours ago, peasy23 said:

Here's what Saints safety Malcolm Jenkins had to say...

I saw this last night, Michael Thomas and Cam Jordan have also sounded off on social media not best pleased. 

It could be an uncomfortable start to the season for Brees 

7 hours ago, Albertlegend said:

I can’t say I follow Drew Brees’s comments very closely, but he’s evidently a flag-waving, pro-Trump Pat Robertson type.  I hope he gets an absolute pasting on as well as off the field.

Given that the Saints used to operate a bounty for hitting opponents late it would be quite nice if the entire league organised one to leather Brees :)

This is a load of nonsense. I read Brees’ initial statement in full. He’s being hammered, yet during the previous ‘take a knee during the anthem’ protests, Brees joined his team-mates in their protests. Note the ballboys behind Brees standing with their hands on their hearts while Brees kneels too. Let’s burn the guy at the stake though.

B9E97241-FEA3-4065-9FDE-AD1F03E2BB91.jpeg

Brees remembering that he lives in a part of the US with one of the highest percentage of African - Americans I see.

Edited by RiG

Nobody says you should have to kneel.  It should be up to the individual.

He was saying the opposite, that players should not kneel because it is "dispruspectun arr flaaag". The fact that he has knelt in solidarity before doesn't make yesterday's comments better, it makes them more stupid.