Let's All Laugh At Celtic Thread

I thought the issue was that more than six times as many likes/retweets/whateverthefuckitis for the oirland post than for any of the others, suggesting those reading it are more "tricoloured" than "saltired"

Rico, you've been asked the same questions over and over again and not answered them, so why are you surprised that the questions keep getting asked?

I don't work for Celtic, no idea why they didn't tweet a good luck to NI, Wales or England.

If I had to guess, I'd say it might have something to do with us not having any players representing these nations the other night.

I've made my thoughts perfectly clear regarding Celtic and Ireland, yes we have a historical link. I'm not Irish, I don't support Ireland, nor wave a Ireland flag or sings songs about Ireland.

I'm Scottish, I only support Scotland or fly a saltire.

Some other Celtic fans don't, does

It bother me, not really. I don't believe you can force a national identity on someone, just look at the referendum last year.

I would say, people who get upset about these sort of things really need to get a grip, I'd happily say the same to the mouth breathers in our support who get upset when clubs fans bring a Union Jack.

Hope that answers your question

Edited by Enrico Annoni

I don't work for Celtic, no idea why they didn't tweet a good luck to NI, Wales or England.

If I had to guess, I'd say it might have something to do with us not having any players representing these nations the other night.

I've made my thoughts perfectly clear regarding Celtic and Ireland, yes we have a historical link. I'm not Irish, I don't support Ireland, nor wave a Ireland flag or sings songs about Ireland.

I'm Scottish, I only support Scotland or fly a saltire.

Some other Celtic fans don't, does

It bother me, not really. I don't believe you can force a national identity on someone, just look at the referendum last year.

I would say, people who get upset about these sort of things really need to get a grip, I'd happily say the same to the mouth breathers in our support who get upset when clubs fans bring a Union Jack.

Hope that answers your question

Like it or not, the Union flag is the flag of the United Kingdom of which we are a part. Ireland is a foreign country.

Why did Celtic wish Eire good luck?

Like it or not, the Union flag is the flag of the United Kingdom of which we are a part. Ireland is a foreign country.

Why did Celtic wish Eire good luck?

Would be nice if you read my post.

Technically speaking Ireland isn't a foreign country either. So that's a fail X 2 for you so far

I think it's fairly obvious why they wished Ireland luck, given the history of the club. Scottish club with Irish roots and a significant Irish following.

Give it a rest.

Why don't Hibs and Dundee Utd feel the need to tweet good luck to Ireland?

Those ties died off a long time ago while Celtic still have that connection.

I'm no Ireland fan by the way. I just don't see this as that big a deal.

Well according to the Twitter pages of both clubs, neither of them felt the need to wish Scotland luck either.

As someone who supports Celtic and is a supporter of Scotland as well I have absolutely no issue with Celtic tweeting Ireland luck and I'm as gutted as anyone in here about Ireland getting a victory last night, yet still I find it madness that anyone could get wound up by Celtic sending an electronic message wishing a country good luck for a match.

They can wish luck to whoever the f**k they like for all I care, it has absolutely zero effect on me or anyone else for that matter.

Well according to the Twitter pages of both clubs, neither of them felt the need to wish Scotland luck either.

As someone who supports Celtic and is a supporter of Scotland as well I have absolutely no issue with Celtic tweeting Ireland luck and I'm as gutted as anyone in here about Ireland getting a victory last night, yet still I find it madness that anyone could get wound up by Celtic sending an electronic message wishing a country good luck for a match.

They can wish luck to whoever the f**k they like for all I care, it has absolutely zero effect on me or anyone else for that matter.

Why you getting wound up at me electronically commenting on Celtic's tweet then? Madness.

I think it's fairly obvious why they wished Ireland luck, given the history of the club. Scottish club with Irish roots and a significant Irish following.

Give it a rest.

This

As others have mentioned Scotland got a similar tweet.

Scottish club with historical roots in Ireland and a large fanbase over there so what exactly is wrong with Celtic wishing Ireland good luck as well as Scotland?

You'd think the club twitter had tweeted a profanity about the Queen followed by 'Up the fuckin Ra' the way some mouth breathers have reacted to this, not on here mind you, just a wee bit of mischeif making but on Twitter itself some classic meltdown material

I thought the issue was that more than six times as many likes/retweets/whateverthefuckitis for the oirland post than for any of the others, suggesting those reading it are more "tricoloured" than "saltired"

Since someone asked me this question, yes, this is the answer.