Reasons to be Cheerful

Just been to Newburgh beach (the Aberdeen one) and two seals appeared and came up to within a metre of me. Must the young naive ones. Probably 250+ of them sunning themselves there today. Seadogs are cool.

Had a lovely drive down to the borders today. Down through Lauder, across to Galashiels, and back up through Innerleithen and Peebles, with a spot of lunch at Galashiels and an ice cream at Peebles. Nice change of scenery, I've been up Edinburgh city centre twice this week and I detest the fucking place.

Taps aff here. Unfortunately I've a funeral to go to so it may be frowned upon.

I might get my will changed to include this for my service. "No flowers, donations to Cancer Research, taps aff"

Edited by Swarley

Got a contract through the post on Saturday, start my new teaching job in August, closer to home, smaller classes and I liked the place and people when I was interviewed.

More $$$ as well, bonus!

Had a lovely day out with the family (including the MIL) at Deep Sea World today. Can't say I've ever given much of a shit about fish, but I was pretty mesmerised by the whole thing. Really quite impressive to have a ray swim across about an inch away from your face   ^_^

Also, I believe I may have shared a train with a lesser-spotted Philpy at one point, or certainly someone who looked a lot like him   :o