Reasons to be Cheerful

Genuinely quite giddy at having the whole day to myself. No wife or weans. Yes!

Edit: Not that I don't love my wife or kids, it's just great to get some peace and quiet. Well covered...

Edited by Adam

Genuinely quite giddy at having the whole day to myself. No wife or weans. Yes!

Edit: Not that I don't love my wife or kids, it's just great to get some peace and quiet. Well covered...

You'll waste it. Every man wastes a free day.

I've started putting May in instead of man :lol::(

Edited by RandomGuy.

You'll waste it. Every man wastes a free day.

I've started putting May in instead of man :lol::(

Get over it, I was more upset at losing Jason Scotland FFS. Then again he was my hero.

Having kids just sounds absolutely shite. Everyone I know with young kids just seems to spend their life counting down the hours 'til the grandparents take them off their hands for a few hours

and we wind them up til they're really "hyper" than hand them back and run! ;)

Having kids just sounds absolutely shite. Everyone I know with young kids just seems to spend their life counting down the hours 'til the grandparents take them off their hands for a few hours

Don't be fooled chief - having kids is fucking brilliant. Don't get me wrong, its very, very hard - but entirely worth it.

The joy of having a day off to do absolutely nothing is glorious but you soon miss them and want them back.

(Apologies for the soppy nature of this post but I don't like the idea of folk thinking having kids is anything other than brilliant.)

It's not really like that. Yes, I enjoy going out to get fucked, but I had a fantastic day yesterday at soft play, building train sets and generally having fun with the little one.

I am quite bored after a few hours on my own today tbh. I've made dinner, tidied up and watched football. Given that I haven't waxed the dolphin yet, I fear it will be a day off wasted.

^^^ Unable to get his hole. Serious depression beckons. Will wind up in a 'One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest' type institution, wandering corridors aimlessly with his cock hanging out of manky pyjama bottoms.

:unsure2:

3 people I know well through work have had children in the last year and a half. All I ever hear about is lack of sleep, tantrums and never having any time to themselves. They frequently comment on how they can't wait to pass the buck onto some other relative for a few hours.

This seems to fly in the face of the general consensus that its the 'best thing I've ever done'. I imagine its somewhat like going a really hard hillwalk in baking sunshine. Unrelenting hell for the majority, some moments of magic when you pause to take in the view. However, when it's all over and you reflect back, you someone feel you really enjoyed it.

3 people I know well through work have had children in the last year and a half. All I ever hear about is lack of sleep, tantrums and never having any time to themselves. They frequently comment on how they can't wait to pass the buck onto some other relative for a few hours.

This seems to fly in the face of the general consensus that its the 'best thing I've ever done'. I imagine its somewhat like going a really hard hillwalk in baking sunshine. Unrelenting hell for the majority, some moments of magic when you pause to take in the view. However, when it's all over and you reflect back, you someone feel you really enjoyed it.

Yeah, there are sleepless nights early on and there will be tantrums. But I can only reinforce that having kids is the best thing I have ever done. My son is 15 now and pretty self sufficient, I even got him a season ticket, he then informed me after one season that he hates football, ungrateful little shit.

Now we go out to the cinema a lot, the theatre and he even want's to go to gigs with me. It's fucking great, you should knock some daft bint up and give it a go, you can always do a runner if it's not for you.

:thumsup2