Reasons to be Cheerful

I tried to find you one of they ASMR YouTube videos of said sound, but they all seem to use small wads :(

You should get yourself some extra-long staples and make one yourself. You'll be hoachin' with the ASMR fanny. Big wad everywhere! :o

Recently discovered those videos. I watch one afore bed every night now :lol:

Recently discovered those videos. I watch one afore bed every night now :lol:

I'm convinced ASMR is some kind of weird sexual thing. There must be a group of lassies out there who get the tingles from hearing a fat man's belly wobble.

What's your pleasure, Mr 19QOS19? :P

Catching a connecting train with just 5 mins between them.

Seems they'd be obliged to get me from B to C if A to B was late though (most likely by taxi), but apart from that, it feels good.

Turns out that after saying this, I missed stop C and continued onto stop E, taking 5 hours more to get to my intended destination - a move which involved an extra train, a 7 mile walk and three lifts over a 60 mile long hitch hike. Four pubs along the way though.

Turns out that after saying this, I missed stop C and continued onto stop E, taking 5 hours more to get to my intended destination - a move which involved an extra train, a 7 mile walk and three lifts over a 60 mile long hitch hike. Four pubs along the way though.

Fell asleep on the train? Where were going anyway?

I tried to find you one of they ASMR YouTube videos of said sound, but they all seem to use small wads :(

You should get yourself some extra-long staples and make one yourself. You'll be hoachin' with the ASMR fanny. Big wad everywhere! :o

Never heard of ASMR before, so I googled it. Here's from an Independent article...

I've always had a tough time explaining why I love watching shopping channels. Few people I've met share my affection for QVC et al, and my passion is inevitably pooh-poohed – particularly when I mention that I never buy anything. "So, why watch it?" they ask. I never know what to say. It just makes me feel "nice".

There's something about the way that the presenters take great care over explaining manifestly obvious concepts; I once saw a man talk for 10 minutes about the benefits of purchasing a pack of 10 blank video cassettes, and it left my head gently buzzing in a way that's hard to describe. The more gentle and redundant their explanations are, the more pleasure I get.

:lol:

Now I know what you're on about, I get this from listening to snooker, the click-clack of the balls, especially if the crowd are quiet and the commentator as usual is speaking softly.

Talking about braingasms as the article says, strongest ASMR ever was sitting studying in a library across from a Spanish foreign exchange student who was wearing a perfume that must've been bottled from Helen of Troy's armpits. Overwhelmingly luscious and scarily debilitating full-on brain, cranium, scalp buzz, sat there for about half an hour indulging in wave after wave of perfume waft.

18-year old me obviously did f**k all about it, never even found out the name of the perfume. I'd probably have ended up living on the street if I had found out tbh, stealing from various cosmetics stores to feed my addiction.

... Turns out she was sick and away home.

By that point she had already ordered her food and not touched her wine. Thankfully her boyfriend kindly offered to go halfers with me on it all.

God bless that drunken woman. I hope her hangover wasn't too bad :lol:

The boyfriend didn't go home with her?