Reasons to be Cheerful

Had a boiler repair booked today, was fearing the worst but it only needed some air pumped back into the system.

Lucky you. Just forked out over a grand to have mine replaced. Raging. Couldn't have happened before we had the keys!

1 hour ago, jagfox99 said:

Had a boiler repair booked today, was fearing the worst but it only needed some air pumped back into the system.

How much did you pay? Had exactly the same last week but paid for full cover for a year thinking that might be less than the repair cost.

P.S. Looked like I could have done it myself with a bicyle pump but the release valve and pressure gauge needed replacing too which looked a bit tricky.

Edited by welshbairn

15 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

How much did you pay? Had exactly the same last week but paid for full cover for a year thinking that might be less than the repair cost.

P.S. Looked like I could have done it myself with a bicyle pump but the release valve and pressure gauge needed replacing too which looked a bit tricky.

The company charges £60 if they can fix it. Nothing if theu cant and supply a quote. I was dreading a major repair or replacement so happy enough. 

11 hours ago, jagfox99 said:

I assume you've a combi boiler?  BTW @Zen Archerkens these things and has often given sensible advice regarding old boilers ;)

Got a delivery date for my new car. 3 weeks on Wednesday :thumsup2

Just hope Royal Mail aren't delivering it or you'll find an attempted delivery form through your door, even though you were in and then you'll go to your local collection office and get grief from the p***k there that your ID isn't good enough and you need a household bill, even though you have the slip that was posted through Your door by the lazy b*****d postman not doing his job right in the first place!!

Fucking Royal Mail.