Reasons to be Cheerful

3 hours ago, Stellaboz said:

Today at work I shot my nerf gun, played boules and watched it snow outside. And ate.

Is there any downside to your new job? Do you have to wear a silly company hat and pretend to be happy?

What do you do Adam?

Work for a big multinational in accountancy, but the new role is more focused around forecasting and analysis of data. Whilst I’ll always remain a small cog in a big machine, this will mean I learn more and will look shit hot on the CV. Lovely little pay rise as well, which I won’t say no to!

Work for a big multinational in accountancy, but the new role is more focused around forecasting and analysis of data. Whilst I’ll always remain a small cog in a big machine, this will mean I learn more and will look shit hot on the CV. Lovely little pay rise as well, which I won’t say no to!

Get me a job Adam.

Data analytics is the future. Best to get in now before the robots start doing our jobs!

Sitting in an Irish pub in Barcelona where we’re probably the only native English speakers watching Barca win on Sky Sports.

On holiday in Barcelona sitting in an Irish Pub and wasting your time in this. You really are soaking in that local culture. No doubt it’s egg and chips for lunch and steak and kidney pie for dinner.

On holiday in Barcelona sitting in an Irish Pub and wasting your time in this. You really are soaking in that local culture. No doubt it’s egg and chips for lunch and steak and kidney pie for dinner.

Ooft none of that foreign muck. Mushroom supper and Moray Cup must be available somewhere?

6 hours ago, Enigma said:

I’m sure all that jumping to conclusions must keep you in good shape.

I used to work with a guy that was heavily into Italian culture. He would go to Italy like 3 or 4 times a year.

Whenever he used an Italian word he would try and pronounce it like an Italian, "I love their Pannnettonny."
It just sounded like patronising as f**k but I asked him "So, do you speak any Italian?".
He replied "Naw, they aw speak English mate. Nae point in learning it".

I’m sure all that jumping to conclusions must keep you in good shape.

When locals in Barcelona don’t speak English Granny Danger thinks that shouting loudly and slowly will help them understand what he’s saying.

1 minute ago, throbber said:

When locals in Barcelona don’t speak English Granny Danger thinks that shouting loudly and slowly will help them understand what he’s saying.

We’ve been coming here for years and can’t recall encountering anyone who we needed to converse with who couldn’t speak English.

Non native English and Spanish speakers will also communicate in English.

Despite the ease of communication, if I were younger I would certainly make the effort to learn the language but I’ve reached the stage where I’m now forgetting English words so it would probably be futile to learn Spanish.