Reasons to be Cheerful

4 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Have you got the basic Dot version? My radio's fucked so thinking of getting one.

No the 2nd generation echo.  Supposedly much better than the dot due to the subwoofer.*

* This from a guy who was unaware of the echo until two days ago.

10 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Is this like this Alexa thing? Do you ask for a song and it plays it? I've not really looked into it in much detail though the adverts make them look nice little gadgets.

I was thinking about getting an internet radio but this seems to do much more for a fraction of the price. £35 for the 2nd generation Dot. You can plug it into speakers for better sound quality or pay more for an upmarket version.

I've always been into having big New Years plans but the least couple of years we've decided to just stay in with the family. This year I spent the major the night upstairs playing darts with Oasis on in the background whilst drinking a few beers before heading down for the bells. It's probably been the quietest Hogmanay I've had since I was 13 but it was hugely enjoyable.