Reasons to be Cheerful

12 minutes ago, Swarley said:
5 hours ago, welshbairn said:
Not sure who it was on here who recommended Percol Black and Beyond espresso coffee but I had a large mug full with two big teaspoons at lunchtime and I've been buzzing all afternoon. Tastes good for instant too.

Instant coffee? Get back to your slum peasant

At least we've got slums to go to convict boy.

10 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

Finally getting some decent weather!!!

Sat all morning on a sunbed for nowt. Headed out to the shops and the sun comes out now. Which part are you in. I’m in del carmen for the Ironman competition.

1 minute ago, supermik said:

Sat all morning on a sunbed for nowt. Headed out to the shops and the sun comes out now. Which part are you in. I’m in del carmen for the Ironman competition.

Playa Blanca.

5 hours ago, supermik said:

Did you win?

nearly 30 years ago, I worked for a family-run business (not my family - other people's family !) who did a lot of (printing) work for a local, fairly well known artist; the youngest son of said other family - a right little shite - was nicking stuff and selling it at the local boot fairs and markets; artist finds out, goes mental, someone's head has to roll; clearly, the boss's son wasn't going to take the bullet, so a fresh-faced Herman, as the "last in" employee, got the boot;  had a great six months trying to get another job on the back of having being sacked !

yesterday, their fucking shithouse company went bust and closed down - eighty years plus of family tradition down the toilet - an enormous Get To f**k You Set of c***s :lol:

as an added and extraordinarily pleasing bonus, when i worked there, there was some "opt out of some pension scheme" bollocks, which I blithely signed up for no apparent reason and promptly forgot all about; found out eighteen months ago that the paltry amount that they had paid in on my behalf - having sat in some fund and been invested for nearly three decades -  has a current value of just short of £70k

I say again - Get To f**k You Set of c***s !

:thumsup2

ps - obviously I don't bear a grudge or anything....

Edited by Herman Hessian

1 minute ago, Herman Hessian said:

nearly 30 years ago, I worked for a family-run business (not my family - other people's family !) who did a lot of (printing) work for a local, fairly well known artist; the youngest son of said other family - a right little shite - was nicking stuff and selling it at the local boot fairs and markets; artist finds out, goes mental, someone's head has to roll; clearly, the boss's son wasn't going to take the bullet, so a fresh-faced Herman, as the "last in" employee, got the boot;  had a great six months trying to get another job on the back of having being sacked !

yesterday, their fucking shithouse company went bust and closed down - eighty years plus of family tradition down the toilet - an enormous Get To f**k You Set of c***s :lol:

as an added and extraordinarily pleasing bonus, when i worked there, there was some "opt out of some pension scheme" bollocks, which I blithely signed up for no apparent reason and promptly forgot all about; found out eighteen months ago that the paltry amount that they had paid in on my behalf - having sat in some fund and been invested for nearly three decades -  has a current fund value of just short of £70k

I say again - Get To f**k You Set of c***s !

:thumsup2

ps - obviously I don't bear a grudge or anything....

20p for a cup of tea mate?

I'll be finishing shortly for 18 days off work. The sun is shining. I get married a week tomorrow and then head to Cavtat, Croaita for a week without my two wonderful kids.

I'd say if Carlsberg did Friday's but I won't. Carslberg is piss-water.