Reasons to be Cheerful

10 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Ordered a box of white wine and a box of red from Spain to wean me off the whisky. Finding a daft amount of pleasure keeping track of their progress up the autoroutes, motorways and warehouses.

fri.thumb.JPG.44a707239f8691227440375164b58222.JPG

I shipped, or tried to ship, a set of golf clubs from Inverness to Spain a couple of years ago. They never got beyond Tamworth. Fortunately I had them insured for much more than they were worth so didn't do too badly out of it.

Enjoy your consignment - don't drink it all at once.

8 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Lucky bugger.

im planning on sitting really awkwardly at my desk next week then making a sudden twisting movement on Wednesday. 

Lean over the sink to brush your teeth and cough. Worked for me. 

34 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Lucky bugger.

im planning on sitting really awkwardly at my desk next week then making a sudden twisting movement on Wednesday. 

Get the missus to walk up and down your back in heels (you can wear heels too). Best thing for a sore back.

2 hours ago, ICTJohnboy said:

I shipped, or tried to ship, a set of golf clubs from Inverness to Spain a couple of years ago. They never got beyond Tamworth. Fortunately I had them insured for much more than they were worth so didn't do too badly out of it.

Enjoy your consignment - don't drink it all at once.

Tamworth depot is bloody huge I was down at it 10 years ago and was amazed with the size of it.

13 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Ordered a box of white wine and a box of red from Spain to wean me off the whisky. Finding a daft amount of pleasure keeping track of their progress up the autoroutes, motorways and warehouses.

fri.thumb.JPG.44a707239f8691227440375164b58222.JPG

Is that the Villinus (sp?) site?

On 20/04/2018 at 20:04, Dee Man said:

Tramadol, panadeine and cider. Does absolutely f**k all for the back pain but makes you feel magic nonetheless. 

careful now I'm coming off an addiction to those things and that euphoria you feel sucked me right in, like being in a warm cloud all day loving everything. If you are on them for a while taper off, or It will be mental and physical torture for weeks. The first 2 weeks coming off tramadol were the worst of my life and if it wasn't for the internet and realising these were withdrawal symptoms I'd have flung myself of the the forth bridge.

Right thread dampner that

On 22/04/2018 at 10:15, engelbert_humperdink said:

careful now I'm coming off an addiction to those things and that euphoria you feel sucked me right in, like being in a warm cloud all day loving everything. If you are on them for a while taper off, or It will be mental and physical torture for weeks. The first 2 weeks coming off tramadol were the worst of my life and if it wasn't for the internet and realising these were withdrawal symptoms I'd have flung myself of the the forth bridge.

Right thread dampner that

I hear you.

I can totally understand how people get addicted to opioids and I'd possibly have a bit of sympathy for junkies if they weren't burgling houses or attacking pensioners to sustain their habits. Or jumping the queue in the chemists to get their methadone. Although to be fair it's better than having the c***s standing behind you stinking the place out and eyeing up your wallet. 

Anyway Buzz Killington,  I'll be fine as I don't live anywhere near the Forth Bridge.