Reasons to be Cheerful

12 hours ago, throbber said:

Nah, no alcohol involved I was just very tired and haven’t had a proper night sleep since the wee one arrived so decided to go to the spare room for a night. I do feel a tad guilty about how fresh I feel tbh!

Fatherhood has changed you.

16 hours ago, The Naitch said:

The joy of not being picked was doubled as it meant no longer having to spend time with the other mutants who were cited to attend today.

The clerk asked if anyone had any reason why they couldn't do the gig. 20 (twenty) stood up which meant waiting for all 20 to explain their cases. Half of them were promptly told to sit down and shut the f**k up.

The judge came out and gave her spiel. At which point another 5 thought of reasons not to be there. Patience was starting to wear thin at this point.

When the 15 were chosen and the indictment was read along with the rest of the usual protocol 3 of them decided they knew the defendant so had to pick three more names out of the giant brandy glass they use. The judge then asked, to make sure, if there was anyone else who thought they couldn't serve. Not a peep.

Soon as the indictment was read again one of them piped up to say they've got reason not to serve. At this point this was me...

5abd50022891a_ScreenShot2018-03-29at21_43_18.png.748b683dbaa36e4248904c8d82212c20.png

...anyway, 2 hours after entering the court room we were finally allowed to leave. Glad I don't have to do that again for a while.

Seems I've derailed the thread.

RTBC? Another four days without work to look forward to and nothing but football, Tennent's and the other half for company. Naw bad.

I had a similar long experience when I was picked the last time.

The smug grin on the face of one of those not selected had been wiped away by lunchtime, after he had been sent to another court and picked there!

The bairn has just informed me that she nutmegged a Dundee Utd player who was visiting her primary school yesterday.  Had to look it up but it was non other than.....

Spoiler 7093937E-5562-4F9C-8580-187057A4A98E.jpeg.72d0d86af7bffad20821eb09895e668b.jpeg

Dundee Utd players getting humiliated by Bairns is old news m8.

23 minutes ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

The bairn has just informed me that she nutmegged a Dundee Utd player who was visiting her primary school yesterday.  Had to look it up but it was non other than.....

Reveal hidden contents

7093937E-5562-4F9C-8580-187057A4A98E.jpeg.72d0d86af7bffad20821eb09895e668b.jpeg

She’s lucky he didn’t punch her. 

5 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

Hide contents

7093937E-5562-4F9C-8580-187057A4A98E.jpeg.72d0d86af7bffad20821eb09895e668b.jpeg

She should have punched the cúnt in the bawsack just for the giggles.

Guest Moomintroll
Reasons to be cheerful is an understatement.

after hearing my Mum did not have a long time only 2 weeks ago she has (so far) been through a successful liver transplant last night.

Seems strange posting this on P&B but want to shout it from the rooftops....!

Been an emotional time.

I cannot put into words how amazing every single person at Edinburgh RI have been. I feel so insignificant in comparison to what these people do day after day. From porters, admin through to consultants and surgeons.

There’s obviously one other person I need to thank but words would never be enough and it feels incredibly selfish to feel the way I do today.

Love to you all and have a good holiday everyone.

Enjoy every minute G-MAN, great news.

If you want to be cheerful then there are plenty of things to keep you happy and cheerful. I believe its all in the mind. I have seen people who are under a lot of stress and problems, seem so happy and contempt. Also, I have seen people who have hardly any problems but fussing over everything. So, end of the day it matters as to how you see life. Its all in the perspective.

Edited by Ronish Baxter