Reasons to be Cheerful

4 hours ago, sjc said:

Made hot and sour soup as well as slow cooked pork tenderloin marinaded in dijon mustard, balsamic vinegar and honey for dinner tonight. The house is filled with delightful aromas!

Grounds for divorce if the wife doesn't put out after this tonight I'd say!

I demand an sjc Taste of the Orient cooking thread.

Chop chop.

Only just had this wonderful piece of commentary brought to my attention (Clyde 1 eat your heart out):

Edited by Hedgecutter

1 hour ago, KnightswoodBear said:

I demand an sjc Taste of the Orient cooking thread.

Chop chop.

43 minutes ago, sjc said:

I'm too busy being a househusband these days I'm afraid......

Actually, sod it!

Hot and sour soup:

Chuck the following into a pot: chicken breast cut into strips, prawns, pork (I use thick luncheon meat cut into strips), carrot, ginger, bamboo shoots, onion and mushrooms (all cut into finger length strips) I put in some broccoli sprigs tonight too. Add some chopped garlic and some chicken stock. bring to the boil then add chilli paste and white wine vinegar to suit your taste.

Chop some spring onions  and add them and some beansprouts to your bowl before serving the hot and sour soup on top of them so the heat of the soup will cook them sufficiently without overdoing them. Eat immediately! 

Edited by sjc

16 minutes ago, sjc said:

Actually, sod it!

Hot and sour soup:

Chuck the following into a pot: chicken breast cut into strips, prawns, pork (I use thick luncheon meat cut into strips), carrot, ginger, bamboo shoots, onion and mushrooms (all cut into finger length strips) I put in some broccoli sprigs tonight too. Add some chopped garlic and some chicken stock. bring to the boil then add chilli paste and white wine vinegar to suit your taste.

Chop some spring onions  and add them and some beansprouts to your bowl before serving the hot and sour soup on top of them so the heat of the soup will cook them sufficiently without overdoing them. Eat immediately! 

If that tastes as good as it reads, you're getting your hole tonight.

Even if one of us has to fly halfway round the world.

17 minutes ago, Mark Connolly said:

If that tastes as good as it reads, you're getting your hole tonight.

Even if one of us has to fly halfway round the world.

16 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

Dibs!

A threesome would be tricky but it's just as well that I'm a considerate lover......

22 minutes ago, throbber said:

My girlfriends going away for a few nights and I’m going to get steaming tomorrow and watch the football in peace.

Hope your daughter is away too...

I'm off to TRNSMT this afternoon after work.  Quite looking forward to it.

My Mrs is sleeping downstairs jist now because it's too warm in our room for her. She's a ridiculously light sleeper and today is her first day back to work in 2 weeks. That's the back story.

I got up at 6, got ready and went into the livingroom to give her a kiss. She was lying with the pillow wrapped around her head as if to drown out my 'noise', she moved the pillow when I walked in and with her eyes still shut, raging and no hint of comedy said "Kiss, then f**k off!"

I don't think a sincere insult has ever made me laugh until today [emoji38]

6 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

My Mrs is sleeping downstairs jist now because it's too warm in our room for her. She's a ridiculously light sleeper and today is her first day back to work in 2 weeks. That's the back story.

I got up at 6, got ready and went into the livingroom to give her a kiss. She was lying with the pillow wrapped around her head as if to drown out my 'noise', she moved the pillow when I walked in and with her eyes still shut, raging and no hint of comedy said "Kiss, then f**k off!"

I don't think a sincere insult has ever made me laugh until today emoji38.png

That's true love there.  Could have been taken from a Mills and Boon book.

Hope your daughter is away too...
I'm off to TRNSMT this afternoon after work.  Quite looking forward to it.

Yeah she is away too. My girlfriend is going to stay with her sister who is having an awful time of it just now as her bf is a no good, fat alcoholic mess who doesn’t care about their son.

Yeah she is away too. My girlfriend is going to stay with her sister who is having an awful time of it just now as her bf is a no good, fat alcoholic mess who doesn’t care about their son.
My girlfriends going away for a few nights and I’m going to get steaming tomorrow and watch the football in peace.
.159-chin_stroking.jpg

I know when to draw the line though, the sister in laws boyfriend was meant to look after their son today and he got so wrecked yesterday he is in no fit state to look after him and she has had to take a day off work to do parenting duties!

Bairns SHOULD be in bed by 1900 (not counting my chickens)

Got sushi in the fridge for dinner from a very good local Japanese place.

Got beer in the fridge.

This should be a delightful evening of uninterrupted top quality food and football.

28 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Bairns SHOULD be in bed by 1900 (not counting my chickens)

Got sushi in the fridge for dinner from a very good local Japanese place.

Got beer in the fridge.

This should be a delightful evening of uninterrupted food poisoning and trips to the bog.

FTFY