Orange Walk / Scottish Cricket thread

~~~

24 minutes ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

The West Indian middle order rallied a bit but Scotland still only need 182 to eliminate the West Indies from the world cup

Is this on the telly? 

1 hour ago, Cosmic Joe said:

Is this on the telly? 

Star network apparently 

I’m just following it on Cricinfo

mc Bride was caught off the first ball of Scotland’s innings but McMullen and Cross’s partnership had put on 124 for no further loss since then

scotland need 58 from 21.3 overs 

with plentiful wickets in hand they’re beginning to open the throttle 

they got 38 of the last 5 overs

1 hour ago, topcat(The most tip top) said:

Star network apparently 

I’m just following it on Cricinfo

mc Bride was caught off the first ball of Scotland’s innings but McMullen and Cross’s partnership had put on 124 for no further loss since then

scotland need 58 from 21.3 overs 

with plentiful wickets in hand they’re beginning to open the throttle 

they got 38 of the last 5 overs

Impressive win 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿

Hadn't a clue these mutants were 'walking' today.

Kudos to the bar manager in the hostelry I was in this afternoon (Dumbarton Road) who locked the front door and turned up the music as they came past.

Never ever thought the Smiths could be enjoyable - however they certainly were today.

Edited by Barney Rubble

4 hours ago, Barney Rubble said:

Hadn't a clue these mutants were 'walking' today.

Kudos to the bar manager in the hostelry I was in this afternoon (Dumbarton Road) who locked the front door and turned up the music as they came past.

Never ever thought the Smiths could be enjoyable - however they certainly were today.

Did "The Queen is dead" get played?

Great day in Glasgow yesterday, and a larger turnout than usual from participants and spectators alike.

Animosity towards us is on the decrease.  It's a generational thing IMO, with youngsters just not having the same anti-orange hatred that many of their fathers/grandfathers did.

Hopefully this continues, but I see some on here are still in the dark ages.  The world will leave you behind guys.

41 minutes ago, Johnny Martin said:

Great day in Glasgow yesterday, and a larger turnout than usual from participants and spectators alike.

Animosity/Enthusiasm  towards us is on the decrease.  It's a generational thing IMO, with youngsters just not having the same anti-orange hatred that many of their fathers/grandfathers did.

Hopefully this continues, but I see some on here are still in the dark ages.  The world will leave you behind guys.

....and today's award for the most one-sided post goes to Johnny Martin!

1 hour ago, Johnny Martin said:

Animosity towards us is on the decrease.  It's a generational thing IMO, with youngsters just not having the same anti-orange hatred that many of their fathers/grandfathers did.

It's because nobody gives a shit any more. You're something that happens; something to be put up with, like leccy bills and rain. You'll be dead as a concern in five years because you can't proclaim supremacy over anyone when everyone's just rolling their eyes and wishing you'd f**k off. I mean, you'll keep going as long as you're alive, because you'll be wondering why nobody gets angry at you anymore. You're relevant. You're a big man. Of course you are. You need to be listened to. Good luck. 

21 minutes ago, The Golden God said:

See these c***s are kicking up a fuss about Drumcree again, it’s been 25 fucking years, get a grip. 

25 years is short term for these guys.

I'd say nowadays they've got the same relevance as Morris Dancers - although sadly they retain the obnoxious element from the bygone days of yore.

Edited by btb