Car advice

On 31/01/2023 at 21:44, pub car king said:

Anyone got a current seat leon? 

My old astra is starting to show its age and the creaks and rattles are multiplying monthly, not to mention a dpf light that's coming on more and more often means I'm now exploring the next step. 

Had a couple of ibizas back in the day a 2.0 16v rally then 1.9 tdi both were fairly rapid, fun to drive and reliable. 

Now considering a leon estate 1.5 petrol 

I have a 20 plate Leon, which has issues with it's Stop/Start and emission management. 

It's in for it's 3rd trip to the garage tomorrow after I got it in November.

At least the climate controls are physical buttons!

Honda CRV 2010 diesel, engine warning light on with a message about low flow EGR. Have had the valve replaced with a second hand one and the pipes and stuff around it checked and cleaned. The message gets cleared but it still comes back and it goes into limp mode again. Only about 91k and fsh. Probably something silly like a dodgy sensor but nobody can nail it.

Edited by Tony Ferrino

4 hours ago, Tony Ferrino said:

Honda CRV 2010 diesel, engine warning light on with a message about low flow EGR. Have had the valve replaced with a second hand one and the pipes and stuff around it checked and cleaned. The message gets cleared but it still comes back and it goes into limp mode again. Only about 91k and fsh. Probably something silly like a dodgy sensor but nobody can nail it.

Which valve? That engine might have, it seems, a lo and hi EGR valve. Have they cleaned both systems? Here’s a link to a discussion on a 2012 CRV…

https://www.crvownersclub.com/threads/code-p049b-egr-b-flow.221323/

10 hours ago, Boghead ranter said:

Anyone help with this?

Few months back, all the controls on my steering wheel that work the stereo (volume up/down, next/prev track, next/prev radio station etc) all stopped working. Not really a problem, the radio's well in reach.

Then, a couple of months ago, the power socket stopped working.

Now, this weekend, my reversing camera has packed in too.

Do I have some creeping issue with my electrics that's hopefully easily fixed?

It's a 2015 Nissan NV200, if that helps.

Try selling the car for £150.

At that price you can't turn it down. 

Anyone know an insurance company that would give temporary insurance for someone with an EU Driving licence. I want to let them drive my car but when I tried to get them added as a driver on my own insurance that wasnt possible.

Edited by ScotiaNostra

3 minutes ago, ScotiaNostra said:

Anyone know an insurance company that would give temporary insurance for someone with an EU Driving licence. I want to let them drive my car but when I tried to get them added as a driver on my own insurance that wasnt possible.

Screenshot_20230209-131626_Samsung Internet.jpg

I've been looking at moving on my old Astra and like the look of the Hyundai Tucson but I'm put off by the MPG of the petrol engines. I wouldn't do a lot of miles a year so a diesel doesn't seem like a good choice. Are the petrols as bad as some of the reviews make out?

1 hour ago, RiG said:

I've been looking at moving on my old Astra and like the look of the Hyundai Tucson but I'm put off by the MPG of the petrol engines. I wouldn't do a lot of miles a year so a diesel doesn't seem like a good choice. Are the petrols as bad as some of the reviews make out?

Got a diesel Tucson and it’s been a great car. Finance payments are ending in a couple of weeks and then the lump sum becomes payable so it’s going up for sale next week. 65 plate, 34000mls. 11k ovno.

On 31/01/2023 at 21:44, pub car king said:

Anyone got a current seat leon? 

My old astra is starting to show its age and the creaks and rattles are multiplying monthly, not to mention a dpf light that's coming on more and more often means I'm now exploring the next step. 

Had a couple of ibizas back in the day a 2.0 16v rally then 1.9 tdi both were fairly rapid, fun to drive and reliable. 

Now considering a leon estate 1.5 petrol 

I have the Mk3 (2019) Seat Leon 2.0 petrol FR estate. It's the 190 bhp. Can't recommend it enough. Has more extras than the similar Audi A4, comfortable and reasonably quick. Boot is big enough for both the dogs with a 5 star euro ncap. Being the Mk3 the heating is not part of the touch screen.

Great car imo.

Edited by johnnydun

3 hours ago, RiG said:

Really good cars,i wished we never sold ours.We got 40mpg for the 1.6 petrol.

Edited by Andy Dufresne

19 hours ago, johnnydun said:

I have the Mk3 (2019) Seat Leon 2.0 petrol FR estate. It's the 190 bhp. Can't recommend it enough. Has more extras than the similar Audi A4, comfortable and reasonably quick. Boot is big enough for both the dogs with a 5 star euro ncap. Being the Mk3 the heating is not part of the touch screen.

Great car imo.

Seats are what VWs used to be, IMO.

VWs are what Audis used to be.

Audis are what BMWs used to be.

BMWs are what Mercs used to be.

Mercs are now rusty piles. 

15 minutes ago, alta-pete said:

Isn’t there now quite a bit of common design and parts shared between Mercedes and Renault? I’m sure I heard someone say an A-Class Mercedes is basically just a Renault Megane in a posh frock? 

A 1.5 diesel A-Class has the same engine in it as a Kangoo van.

But aye. You can find the same engine in a Merc as a Dacia.

Edited by RandomGuy.

4 hours ago, alta-pete said:

Isn’t there now quite a bit of common design and parts shared between Mercedes and Renault? I’m sure I heard someone say an A-Class Mercedes is basically just a Renault Megane in a posh frock? 

4 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

A 1.5 diesel A-Class has the same engine in it as a Kangoo van.

But aye. You can find the same engine in a Merc as a Dacia.

A Renault engine is in the Mercedes:

A-Class – A 160 (d), A 180 (d), A 200, A 220e, and A 250

B-Class – B 160 (d), B 180 (d), B 200, and B 250e

CLA-Class – CLA 180 (d), CLA 200, and CLA 250e

C-Class – C 180 d and C 200 d

GLA-Class – GLA 180 d and GLA 200

GLB-Class – GLB 180 d and GLB 200

Citan – 108 CDI, 109 CDI, 110 (CDI), 111 CDI, 112 CDI, and 113

Vito – 109 CDI and 111 CDI

And, yep, Renailt/Nissan engines in Dacia’s too.

2 hours ago, TxRover said:

A Renault engine is in the Mercedes:

A-Class – A 160 (d), A 180 (d), A 200, A 220e, and A 250

B-Class – B 160 (d), B 180 (d), B 200, and B 250e

CLA-Class – CLA 180 (d), CLA 200, and CLA 250e

C-Class – C 180 d and C 200 d

GLA-Class – GLA 180 d and GLA 200

GLB-Class – GLB 180 d and GLB 200

Citan – 108 CDI, 109 CDI, 110 (CDI), 111 CDI, 112 CDI, and 113

Vito – 109 CDI and 111 CDI

And, yep, Renailt/Nissan engines in Dacia’s too.

Thats outrageous 😄 So the only decent Merc engine is the 4 litre V8? Which does sound awesome.