Car advice

Buckled wheel would do it when driving, so if its just when your braking seems highly likely its the disks.
They dont tend to warp for no reason though. Has the car been sitting a long time before being driven?/heavy breaking in heavy rain?/etc.?

Discs will take on the slightest of warps usually after medium to heavy braking that causes a build up of heat between the pad and the disc.
After the aforementioned braking, if the driver keeps their foot on the brake whilst stationary, the heat can’t naturally dissipate and it will “cook” causing the disc to be very slightly misshapen.
As you say, it’s not an every day problem but can manifest this way especially if the discs are old, pitted or of poor quality.

However it happened, it sounds for all the world to be classic warped discs.
The wobble felt through the steering wheel will be much more “violent” than that felt due to an unbalanced road wheel.

Mines has only got intermittent indicators. On one second then off the next. 
That's the indicator relay gone.
Depending on make and model the relay might be in the cockpit (await KW gif) fuse box

Anyone had good or bad experiences with renting from Europcar? Looking to hire one to avoid plague ridden Birmingham public transport when I fly there to visit friends in Wales in a couple of weeks. It's about a 3rd cheaper when booking through Logan Air than Enterprise which I usually use, and find fine. Just looked at the Trustpilot reviews and they're fucking awful. Then I checked Enterprise and they're just as bad, so who knows? Any advice gratefully appreciated.

7 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Anyone had good or bad experiences with renting from Europcar? Looking to hire one to avoid plague ridden Birmingham public transport when I fly there to visit friends in Wales in a couple of weeks. It's about a 3rd cheaper when booking through Logan Air than Enterprise which I usually use, and find fine. Just looked at the Trustpilot reviews and they're fucking awful. Then I checked Enterprise and they're just as bad, so who knows? Any advice gratefully appreciated.

No idea but isn't Birmingham a bit far from Wales?

46 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Utter con artists. All car hire places have pretty bad reputations for ridiculous damage charges, but they are among the worst.

They once tried to charge me for losing a parcel shelf which had never been provided in the first place. The woman genuinely asked me why I hadn't taken a photo of it not being there.

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

We generally use Europcar when we fly into Seville and I find them to be amongst the better car hire companies, but I have a feeling that with these things, whilst they all have the same name, the UK ones and Spanish ones are run as almost separate companies. 

Edited by KnightswoodBear

7 minutes ago, KnightswoodBear said:

We generally use Europcar when we fly into Seville and I find them to be amongst the better car hire companies, but I have a feeling that with these things, whilst they all have the same name, the UK ones and Spanish ones are run as almost separate companies. 

I'm just wondering if they're run as franchises so some are good and some are shite. Checked the reviews for Sixt as well, they're just as awful. I guess you're only likely to bother to leave a review if you had a bad experience though. Think I'll just take pot luck on Europcar and take a full detailed video of it before accepting it. It's a fair bit cheaper than the others. 

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

45 miles, and there are no airports in North Wales.

Cheers - somehow I imagined it would be further. I lived in Manchester and we often went over to N Wales but it took a while. Birmingham must have better road connections.

5 minutes ago, hk blues said:

Cheers - somehow I imagined it would be further. I lived in Manchester and we often went over to N Wales but it took a while. Birmingham must have better road connections.

It's much the same flying to Manchester, Liverpool or Birmingham, mainly motorways or dual carriageways till I get to where I'm going in North Wales. I usually fly to Birmingham because there's a direct train.

7 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

It's much the same flying to Manchester, Liverpool or Birmingham, mainly motorways or dual carriageways till I get to where I'm going in North Wales. I usually fly to Birmingham because there's a direct train.

Yep...I was just thinking back to when I had to drive from N Manchester to Wrexham for work - door to door was probably an hour give or take.

15 hours ago, welshbairn said:

My experience is Europcar are keen on trying to upsell you: bigger car, pay for a tank of petrol, satnav etc. Otherwise no worse than any others.