Car advice

That was my issue, had taken a dunt in the car park either a trolley rammed into it or a door. Didn't look at it straight away and realised far too late it had spread.
I always knew where it was as I could see the slight bump as I am shite at doin absolute perfect work but it was fine to casual look.
Hopefully if it is as small as you say then you will be fine.
Other thing I will say is if you have not painted a car before. In a garage of possible, under a gazebo on a still day if not. Remember masking tape and dear god seal as soon as dry.
A work colleague of mine used to paint airplanes and says he'll give me a hand, looking forward to it and I'm not too bothered how it'll turn out as it can't be worse than it is just now.

3 hours ago, Lambie's Pigeon Feed said:

Anyone got any experience with cazoo, I presume there's no way to haggle? Getting it dropped off with 7 days to return it free sounds good, looks like it comes MOTd too.

I'm going with a 2-3 year old Octavia, ideally 1.5l petrol. Seems best bang for my buck and with trips to the other end of Ireland with partner and a dog I want to maximise space.

Don’t know about Cazoo. Don’t know how good a 1.5 petrol is. What I do know is that the Octavia has a massive load space. Easily big enough to fit your partner and dog in comfort for the entire trip...😎

6 minutes ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

I'll word this carefully.

Does anyone have an opinion/experience of car trackers?

And do you have a recommendation for the best ones on the market.

Depends on how security conscious your target is. PM me, ex-SAS* and ready to finish the job if required.

Spoiler

*3 years in the Boy's Brigade

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

Depends on how security conscious your target is. PM me, ex-SAS* and ready to finish the job if required.

Hide contents

*3 years in the Boy's Brigade

On you go.

The Boys' Brigade was founded in Glasgow by Sir William Alexander Smith on 4 October 1883 to develop Christian manliness by the use of a semi-military discipline and order, gymnastics, summer camps and religious services and classes

7 minutes ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

On you go.

I wasn't offering to convert your target to Protestantism, just to slot him like in the Andy McNab books, don't get funny with me pal.

Maybe Halfords is more your style. 

https://www.halfords.com/motoring/car-security/streetwize-gps-tracker-629767.html

6 hours ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

I'll word this carefully.

Does anyone have an opinion/experience of car trackers?

And do you have a recommendation for the best ones on the market.

Hiya Mrs Morelo , hiya pal

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/rangers-star-alfredo-morelos-lamborghini-21412345

Okay the rust hole was a bit worse than expected and to anyone wanting to try this fibreglass filler is the messiest stuff ever it's not like the YouTube guys when they just whack it on and it stays in place.20200715_142828.jpeg

Decided on an estate car cause of the dog and camping trips. Any advice on my current order of preference...

Vauxhall Insignia, 2016, 60k miles

Skoda Fabia, 2017, 45k miles

Ford Focus, 2014, 42k miles

VW Golf 2014, 48k miles

Similar prices, all with diesel 1.6L engines as its for exploring the Highlands and the high mpg and £20 road tax make that the right choice for those circumstances or am I missing something? 

The Insignia has the most bells and whistles and looks the best imo, so unless its significantly less reliable or more costly to maintain than the Skoda I think I'm gonna get that. Didn't realise test drives were still  banned cause of covid so you just need to buy it after a look in person which is a bit shit.

My aunts car failed it’s MoT on these things. Anyone know roughly how much to fix them so she’s got a guide. She thinks because she’s old and a woman they’d might take the piss

- Oil leaking excessively from engine

- Offside front outer drive shaft joint constant velocity boot split or insecure, no longer prevents the ingress of dirt

- Exhaust lambada reading after 2nd fast idle outside specified limits 

My aunts car failed it’s MoT on these things. Anyone know roughly how much to fix them so she’s got a guide. She thinks because she’s old and a woman they’d might take the piss
- Offside front outer drive shaft joint constant velocity boot split or insecure, no longer prevents the ingress of dirt
Oil leak could be pricey depending what it is, but could also be a quick fix.

CV joint boot might just need repositioning and a new clip, if it's split it's a more time consuming job to fit a new one.

Exhaust reading again could be a simple fix. Is it petrol or diesel? What type of driving/mileage does she do?

4 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I'd get that Lambada checked out. I thought it was forbidden.

1 minute ago, peasy23 said:

Oil leak could be pricey depending what it is, but could also be a quick fix.

CV joint boot might just need repositioning and a new clip, if it's split it's a more time consuming job to fit a new one.

Exhaust reading again could be a simple fix. Is it petrol or diesel? What type of driving/mileage does she do?

Cheers for that. It’s a 55 plate Mitabushi and has done about 140k miles. She does about 9k a year visiting her family, going shopping trips etc

Mate of mine had an insignia and had no shortage of bother with it, cracking car but seems to have issues.

The amount of them kicking about at auctions back when they were a thing that also looked and sounded dodgy also made me wary when I was looking for a bigger motor.

Some boot size right enough.

I'd get that Lambada checked out. I thought it was forbidden.
One of my ex workmates went to Goa on holiday years ago, and brought me back a reverse alarm that played the Lambada. Neighbours loved it I'm sure, especially when I got home from night shift on a Saturday morning at 5.30 am. [emoji23]