The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

I thought to myself, "hopefully some decent questions so I can get a reasonable score and avoid the bottom spot".

Question 1: "Who won Australian Masterchef?". [emoji19]

Anyway, I knew the phonetic alphabet and the novel, managed to work out the French King.

A plodding (but still improved) 5/10.

Guessed the three Aussie sports and leisure questions. 

Knew the population but not the American State.

One out on the French King.

Calculated guess on the protagonist.

Had thought the word but changed my mind at the last to a word I'd never heard of. 

I knew the phonetic. 

No idea about Mr Keogh's nomme de merde.

Screenshot_2016-10-27-00-17-32.png

Never happy when WRK gets less than 8, as that usually means the questions are very difficult and I get about 2. Got 3/10 today, knew none. If the quiz had consisted of only the first 2 questions my score would have been 100%.

3/10, not too clever.

Complete guess on the TV winner, knew the alphabet and was fairly sure on the adjective and the king.  Nowhere near on the rest.  4/10 as this week's worsening scores are taking me from mid table obscurity into a relegation dogfight.  Not even a cup run to distract me.

13 hours ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

And in the other semi-final, no shocks to be had, as WRK ran out a comfortable winner. Hard lines to Jagfox99...

WhiteRoseKillie 9-6 Jagfox99

Not much to note, except they both need to brush up on their English cricket (only Kincardine got that one) .. oh and their comment re: Matthias Rust was "Top Boi" and "Sum boi" respectively!

I lifted the quiz from here: http://www.independent.co.uk/extras/puzzles-and-games/quizzes/the-saturday-quiz-weekly-brain-teaser-a6934396.html

And so to the final.... sadly, it's a pair of Sassenachs in the final, so the Diddly Dee Jam Jar Trophy might be heading south. Hope we can get it back for next season. I'll try and dig out a pure stinker of a quiz for the final. 

The_Kincardine vs WhiteRoseKillie ... Hampden Park, weekend of 29th October. 

Meh from me.  Good luck in the Battle of the BRALT chaps.

21 minutes ago, jagfox99 said:

Meh from me.  Good luck in the Battle of the BRALT chaps.

Cheers, mate. I'll do my best to ensure the Forces of Light prevail over The Diddy Darkness. He is fairly knowledgeable, though - at least early in the day. maybe if I plant a couple of bottles in the Home dressing room... 

5/10

Knew four (book character, state, word and was fairly certain on Swaziland) and thought I knew the AFL one (considering I actually watched the game in question getting it wrong is pretty poor) but got it wrong. Guessed the name one correctly.