The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

Before we get to the main course of the Cup Final results, here's the starter - the league play-off. A low-scoring round played under difficult conditions. 

gkneil (5) 8 - 5 (3) Cowden0

Interviewed after the match, Gkneil described his team as "Disasters". He cares not one jot for results, it's all about the performance, it would appear. 

Meanwhile, a crushed Cowden0 declared "I refute the charge if betting against myself although it makes a handy excuse", which is clearly bringing the game into disrepute but leads me to ask, "Which bookmaker lets you bet on the quiz league?" ... I'm sticking my house, car and life on WRK in the cup proper. 

Anyway, congrats to gkneil, who will be getting his first taste of top-flight football next season!

1 hour ago, Cardinal Richelieu said:

Before we get to the main course of the Cup Final results, here's the starter - the league play-off. A low-scoring round played under difficult conditions. 

gkneil (5) 8 - 5 (3) Cowden0

Interviewed after the match, Gkneil described his team as "Disasters". He cares not one jot for results, it's all about the performance, it would appear. 

Meanwhile, a crushed Cowden0 declared "I refute the charge if betting against myself although it makes a handy excuse", which is clearly bringing the game into disrepute but leads me to ask, "Which bookmaker lets you bet on the quiz league?" ... I'm sticking my house, car and life on WRK in the cup proper. 

Anyway, congrats to gkneil, who will be getting his first taste of top-flight football next season!

Disbelief that I won that with goals to spare. scenes in the dressing room though, pure scenes.

4 hours ago, gkneil said:

Disbelief that I won that with goals to spare. scenes in the dressing room though, pure scenes.

Congrats on your promotion, bud.  Well deserved.  I'm surprised, though, that @Cardinal Richelieuhasn't given your user name the 'alang' treatment.  Are you a goalkeeper called Neil or a person called Gordon/Graham/Grace Kneil.  Being on the broo is clearly addling his brain.

Congrats on your promotion, bud.  Well deserved.  I'm surprised, though, that [mention=4857]Cardinal Richelieu[/mention]hasn't given your user name the 'alang' treatment.  Are you a goalkeeper called Neil or a person called Gordon/Graham/Grace Kneil.  Being on the broo is clearly addling his brain.

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji3][emoji23] I'm gonna take a punt at G. K. Neil.

9 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Congrats on your promotion, bud.  Well deserved.  I'm surprised, though, that @Cardinal Richelieuhasn't given your user name the 'alang' treatment.  Are you a goalkeeper called Neil or a person called Gordon/Graham/Grace Kneil.  Being on the broo is clearly addling his brain.

Heh. I actually gave that banter the once over in the "patter mill" but it didn't pass muster :) ... sadly, quitting your job in a fit of pique no longer grants one the broo. Worse news ... despite trying to Spud the interview, I've been invited in for a second one. :/

1 hour ago, Eednud said:

Answer the questions to the link (will include reference to www.theaustralian.com.au) late Sunday night/early Monday morning depending which hemisphere you live in.

Is that one of the questions? I know the answer to that one.

Edited by Jacksgranda

2 hours ago, pleslie99 said:

How do I get to Join in with this?

Just to elaborate on Eednud's answer, basically the league runs from Mon - Fri, but because the Ozzies are around 10 hours ahead and are upside down, the Aussie newspaper quiz ends up getting posted the day before, it seems more like Sun - Thu. 

There's also a cup competition you'll automatically be entered into if you join the league. It runs over the course over the month. 

Welcome btw!

Well said CR. Edmund stepping on your toes a little there. Get him back in the box before he pm group messaging for the take over.

PS did everyone get theirs interesting. Will give some thought

Definitely worthy of consideration, quite radical. I'll have to go over the fine details later. Disappointed by the "non-violent" clause though.

Just to elaborate on Eednud's answer, basically the league runs from Mon - Fri, but because the Ozzies are around 10 hours ahead and are upside down, the Aussie newspaper quiz ends up getting posted the day before, it seems more like Sun - Thu. 
There's also a cup competition you'll automatically be entered into if you join the league. It runs over the course over the month. 
Welcome btw!

So just click on the link and answer the questions? Do I need to message anyone etc? Lol

So just click on the link and answer the questions? Do I need to message anyone etc? Lol

No messaging until the cup competition.

Just announce to the world what you scored and don't give any spoilers. You'll very quickly get the hang of it.

Ps - you're not allowed to win in your first 6 months.

No messaging until the cup competition.

Just announce to the world what you scored and don't give any spoilers. You'll very quickly get the hang of it.

Ps - you're not allowed to win in your first 6 months.

So I could lie and say I got 10 all the time? [emoji15]

I'm thick as shit so won't win haha

8 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:

So I could lie and say I got 10 all the time? emoji15.png

You could but there wouldn't be much point. There's no prize and it's just between anonymous people on the internet. Someone might say "well done" and you'd feel a bit silly.