The All New Occasionally Aussie P+B Quiz League and ☕ Occasional Cup ☕

Well said CR. Edmund stepping on your toes a little there. Get him back in the box before he pm group messaging for the take over.

PS did everyone get theirs interesting. Will give some thought

Definitely worthy of consideration, quite radical. I'll have to go over the fine details later. Disappointed by the "non-violent" clause though.

Just to elaborate on Eednud's answer, basically the league runs from Mon - Fri, but because the Ozzies are around 10 hours ahead and are upside down, the Aussie newspaper quiz ends up getting posted the day before, it seems more like Sun - Thu. 
There's also a cup competition you'll automatically be entered into if you join the league. It runs over the course over the month. 
Welcome btw!

So just click on the link and answer the questions? Do I need to message anyone etc? Lol

So just click on the link and answer the questions? Do I need to message anyone etc? Lol

No messaging until the cup competition.

Just announce to the world what you scored and don't give any spoilers. You'll very quickly get the hang of it.

Ps - you're not allowed to win in your first 6 months.

No messaging until the cup competition.

Just announce to the world what you scored and don't give any spoilers. You'll very quickly get the hang of it.

Ps - you're not allowed to win in your first 6 months.

So I could lie and say I got 10 all the time? [emoji15]

I'm thick as shit so won't win haha

8 minutes ago, pleslie99 said:

So I could lie and say I got 10 all the time? emoji15.png

You could but there wouldn't be much point. There's no prize and it's just between anonymous people on the internet. Someone might say "well done" and you'd feel a bit silly.

Well I expected to have brought the cup final scores to you all by now but alas I still haven't had scores from DeeJ. So once I do I'll be right back to us with the big match

I've been preparing the troops all weekend, just about to sit down and get underway. After the anthems of course.

On 25/02/2017 at 09:59, Eednud said:

Answer the questions to the link (will include reference to www.theaustralian.com.au) late Sunday night/early Monday morning depending which hemisphere you live in.

On 25/02/2017 at 10:59, Jacksgranda said:

Is that one of the questions? I know the answer to that one.

^^^ Got it down to a 50/50 chance :rolleyes:

Good evening folks. Welcome to the final of February's Diddly Dee Jamjar Trophy Final. The scores are in and have been counted and verified. So we had the match up of regular winner Whiterosekillie v I believe first time finalist DeeJ. Highly anticipated match and I can assure you we weren't disappointed. So let's get straight to the action, match summariser Archie McPherson.

And welcome to Dumpden Park on a cracking day for a final. The teams have been through all the usual guff before the game including whooshing each other all the best.

And there's the kick off. WRK right on the attack but rebuffed by DeeJ. DeeJ then took his turn to apply pressure and. Are some early chances count. WRK came back as you would expect and also tucked away a few of his chances. High tempo first half but WRK struggling a bit as the half ends and DeeJ took full advantage to nick ahead at the break. DeeJ taking the first half with a more than decent 8 to WRKs 6.

Some stern words in both dressing rooms but who came out strongest in the second half? Well it started somewhat slower than the first half and chances at a premium. The battle swung from end to end and several scores made by both teams. WRK knew he needed to throw everything at pulling back the deficit and grew stronger as the match neared it's end. DeeJ started to fade and despite this still managed to rack up 4 points to bring his total to 12. This meant WRK needed to take the second half by a couple points to take this game to extra time which he managed to do with only questions to spare. But there was one final twist as WRK to another point just before the whistle to take a 3 point second half lead. There was no time for DeeJ to reply and he looked dead on his feet at the whistle as the realisation hit home that he couldn't stop the juggernaut that is WRK.

Match result

Whiterosekillie (6+7) 13 v 12 (8+4) DeeJ

I'm sure they Cardinal will take his earliest opportunity to present the trophy.

Brilliant match that had everything, DeeJ will be feeling sick just now but can feel proud of his efforts. As most of us have experienced at one point WRK really is relentless in his pursuit of success so congratulations to him.

And also a huge thanks tongue Cardinal for supplying the cup final quizzes!!

And that's it for February but the Diddly Dee Jamjar Trophy will be back next month and the first round draw will take place on Wednesday night.

So it's goodbye from me, and it's goodnight from him, goodnight.

Amazing Cup Final. All that was missing was extra-time and questions from the penalty mark. Down in the Seaside League my season starts with 5/10 partly through knowing 2 of the 4 Aussie questions (album & sport), also knew Turkey & Isle of Man guessed hexagonal angle. Good luck to all. http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/mind-games/quiz?quizId=6283&sectionId=1